- Full Time
The Education Associate supports the content vision of the organization in conjunction with the Association's goal of delivering value and service to its members and core constituents and building the Association's authority in the specialty food industry. The Education Associate develops and manages educational content and works with and across organizational teams to ensure the success of educational initiatives and projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, create, and develop session topics and speakers for education programs
- Manage content within the Specialty Food Association online learning center
- Manage speaker travel
- Work with speakers to track contracts, edit slides, and provide live event details
- Handle customer service responsibilities for live and online education programs.
- Format and edit speaker and session content
- Manage monthly conference calls with speakers
- Participate in strategic planning, including print and online content, education, and social media.
- Participate in marketing discussions for education products; proofread and test emails before dissemination.
- Utilize social media and/or write blogs (live or other) to report on industry trends, the Association's events, or educational offerings.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, media or communications, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in education, online learning, or event planning required
- Knowledge of entrepreneurship, business skills, and specialty food business preferred
- Outstanding communications skills via phone and email; ability to write clear, concise copy
- Very strong attention to detail and proven ability to work collaboratively
- Microsoft Office Products, including Word and Excel; advanced knowledge of PowerPoint; basic knowledge of Adobe Suite; familiarity with basic HTML, CMS systems, and social media platforms; familiarity with webcasting and online learning platforms
- Not Applicable
The Association’s headquarters is located in an office building. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other staff members, external vendors and SFA external constituents. Position may require occasional lifting of heavy boxes, up to 40 pounds, and filing in lateral and upright file cabinets.
Less than 10% travel within the U.S.
Please attach cover letter and resume to your application.