Are you a fan of great design and great books? Are you a highly creative individual who wants to bring innovative designs to book publishing social media content, advertising, and promotions? We have the perfect job for you!
Penguin Random House is seeking either a Junior Designer or a Designer to join a fast-paced and innovative Creative Marketing Services team, working primarily on the Penguin, Viking, Riverhead, and Penguin Press imprints. This role will work closely with marketers and art directors to brainstorm and create marketing, publicity, and promotional materials and will have opportunities to work on special team projects and conceive independent projects.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Conceptualizing and designing print and digital ad campaigns as well as promotional materials for assigned titles, including but not limited to social media images, stop motion videos, animated gifs, styled photos, original illustrations, e-cards, website assets, infographics, postcards, bookmarks, galley back covers, and point-of-purchase displays.
* Working closely with the Art Director to refine designs, incorporate feedback, and route work to internal departments.
* Photo researching, as well as retouching and color correction of images.
* Creating book mockups/product shots in Photoshop.
* Designing presentations for sales conferences and author and agent meetings.
* Keeping up to date on design trends and marketing news and participating in group brainstorms and discussions.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
* Minimum of six months’ design experience as a staff designer; minimum of 2 years of experience to be considered at the Designer level
* Publishing experience a plus
* Excellent design ability, including strong type design, as demonstrated by a stellar portfolio
* Flexible, inquisitive, and eager to learn
* Proven ability to create and revise designs under tight deadlines
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Experience with color correction, color theory, retouching, and preparing files for output, both digital and print
* Highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
* Knowledge of animation (Adobe After Effects) and video editing (Adobe Premiere) preferred
* Knowledge of HTML, HTML5, Google Web Designer, and Adobe Dreamweaver a plus
* Illustration ability a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your résumé and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.