- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Provide scheduled and emergency maintenance of equipment and facilities to maintain the high quality and technical integrity of the News 12 services; take on leadership role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain and repair equipment and facilities.
2. Perform preventive maintenance.
3. Respond to technical emergencies.
4. Shade cameras, receive and transmit video and audio and operate other equipment as part of the regular station operation.
5. Participate in planning and implementation of technical projects.
6. Assist in prioritizing and scheduling technical repair and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
7. Wiring of facility.
8. Maintain equipment, tool and parts inventory and service records.
9. Assist with design of technical projects.
10. Assist with purchasing of supplies and equipment.
11. Assist with training of co-workers.
12. Represent News 12 services in a courteous and professional manner.
13. Participate in special projects.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree, including courses in electronics engineering and broadcast equipment or equivalent experience preferred.
Five years of full-time News 12/Metro T & W experience in television engineering or related electronics maintenance preferred.
Extensive knowledge of production equipment, computers and automation equipment.
Extensive knowledge of video/audio signal, tape dynamics and satellite and RF technology. Expertise in maintaining and repairing studio production and field production equipment and computers.
Organizational skills. Leadership and interpersonal skills. Ability to train. Ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Flexible schedule with ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.