Assistant Account Executive
- Full Time
Overview of role:
We are looking for an Assistant Account Executive to join our team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious PR professional to take the next step up in their career! Experience in technology, B2B, B2C, or corporate public relations is required.
To be successful in this role you have already gained some PR experience within a leading agency - minimum requirement of 2 years. You are highly organized, have a proactive attitude with lots of initiative and have the ability to manage your workload effectively across a variety of client accounts. You must have a thorough understanding of client management along with solid media relations experience.
- Client management – build and develop strong relationships with day-to-day client contacts.
- Media pitching and liaison – maintain a proactive outreach cadence and confidently distribute material across a broad range of media contacts, developing strong media relationships for repeat coverage.
- Writing skills – write well-structured, persuasive copy. Be skilled in writing in a range of styles including news releases, case studies, status reports, pitches, and client briefing documents.
- Event coordination – Assist with handling event logistics and marketing, including coordinating invitations, press attendance, and vendors.
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of social media tools, including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Gather.com, YouTube, etc.
- Understand key client information including business strategy, products and services, key customers and competitors.
To be successful in this role you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- 2-3 years minimum in an agency or in-house setting for technology, B2B, B2C, or corporate clients, with the option for advancement within 3-6 months.
- Strong pitch writing and media research skills
- Passionate about storytelling and developing original and compelling content for clients
- Knowledgeable across multiple social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and social media monitoring tools like Facebook Insights.
- Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field
About Relativity Ventures
Started in 2014, we are a small and agile team. We are looking for people who want to join us in our pursuit and be part of a team that creates campaigns that deliver on their promise. Much of our work is grounded in digital media and media relations. It is at the heart of everything we do.