Picture and Video Editor, Evening Standard
- Full Time
Insider is the London Evening Standard newspaper’s A-list news and luxury lifestyle platform.
Evening Standard Insider is looking for a dynamic picture and video editor to join its New York team.
The successful candidate must have a least one year of experience working on a picture desk and will work closely with the editorial teams in both London and New York to produce and come up with ideas for vibrant photo features and creative picture leads for stories and our Instagram platform, as well as manage the team picture budget, check copyrights and track picture usage.
- You will also be responsible for creating and editing original video content for the site.
- A great eye, pop culture knowledge and enthusiasm for the Insider brand and its four key pillars (A-list, royals, living and style) is essential.
- You must be willing when required to work evening and weekend shifts (particularly during awards season) to cover parties and events.
Skills and experience
- At least one year of experience on a picture desk
- Proven video editing experience
- Strong picture research skills
- Proficiency in Photoshop
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (especially fast, efficient editing in Photoshop and Premiere Pro.
- Ability to work/edit quickly and accurately in a fast-moving digital media environment
- Continuous Improvement – Works in a smart, flexible and focused way, is open to change and suggests ideas for improvements to the way things are done.
- Collaboration – Builds and maintains positive and supportive working relationships with colleagues. Helps to create an inclusive and professional work environment.
- Building Capability – Keeps own knowledge and skill set current and evolving and looks for ways to continue learning to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Quality Service – Delivers high quality and efficient service and takes account of the diverse customer needs and requirements when looking at ways to improve service quality.
- Responsive Delivery - Works to agreed business goals and objectives and deals with challenges in a constructive and responsive way. Takes personal responsibility for quality of outputs.
To apply, please send an up to date CV along with a full covering letter with salary expectations.
Due to the high volume of applications we will only be contacting candidates who have been shortlisted and progressed through to the next stage.
Location: You will be based at our New York office with occasional travel
ESI Media is an equal opportunities employer, if you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.
All of our employees are entitled to benefits including great pension, private healthcare and life insurance schemes and 401k. We also offer TransitChek initiatives to make our employees’ journeys to work easier. We want our employees to enjoy working for us and we invest in training and development to support and develop rewarding careers.