- Full Time
Cheddar is a live Post Cable Network focused on covering the most innovative products, technologies, and services transforming our lives. Our mission is to provide information and utility on the platforms that matter for our users. Cheddar has two live broadcast networks across many platforms, including Sling, DirecTV Now, and Samsung TVPlus.
In June 2019, Cheddar was acquired by Altice USA, which not only broadened our news portfolio to include News12 and i24, but it opened Cheddar up to a new world of data-driven advertising opportunities (via a4) across even more platforms including linear TV. Cheddar now has the ability to target specific household audiences across all screens. Cheddar’s team is growing, our products are diversifying, and infrastructure is becoming more complex - at an extremely fast pace.
Cheddar is looking for a motivated digital producer with strong editorial judgment, sharp writing ability, video skills to clip and distribute Cheddar’s live news content on multiple digital channels and a fluency with social media platforms. The ideal candidate will have a fluid understanding of the best way of presenting content, in words, images, audio and video and the skillset to create and edit content for a variety of digital platforms.
● Watch Cheddar Business & Cheddar News live and clip out news segments and interviews that will perform well on news sites, social platforms and on-demand video platforms.
● Use and understand what works on news aggregator platforms and syndicators like Apple News, Flipboard, AOL, MSN.
● Write articles for Cheddar.com based on live content from Cheddar Business and Cheddar News. Write strong and compelling headlines and short punchy descriptions that will increase pickup by automated as well as editorially curated platforms.
● Help prepare content for Cheddar’s newsletters.
● Use and understand what works on social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube.
● Use sound and ethical news judgment in determining most relevant content to present and in writing headlines and descriptions.
● Bachelor's degree.
● 2-4 years of newsroom experience at digital publications or television networks..
● Experience using Adobe Premier or similar video editing platforms.
● 24-7 passion for journalism, news and social media.
● Knowledge of AP style strongly preferred
● Graphics editing experience a plus
● Understanding of OTT platforms and how video business is evolving
● Ability to work in collaborative start-up environment where innovation and change are
● Passion for excellence.