Temporary Sports Photographer
- Full Time
WGAL, the Hearst Television NBC affiliate in Lancaster, PA has an opening for a self-motivated individual to assist in our high school football coverage. We are seeking a sideline videographer with the ability to capture the essence of what’s happening on the field. This member of our team will spend several hours each Friday night in the fall high school football season shooting and editing highlights for our Football Friday show. This is a temporary, entry level position, however candidates should be tech savvy and up-to-date on the most modern aspects of our medium. You must be able to shoot on Sony XD Cam and edit in Adobe Premiere, plus utilize wireless data solutions to feed completed work to the station. Excellent editing skills, exceptional time-management abilities, effective communication style, organization, and knowledge of Adobe Premiere, ENPS, and BitCentral platforms are critical. An excellent eye for video and a working knowledge of high school sports is a must. If you are quick acting, quicker thinking, and technically savvy, we want you working in our newsroom.
- Shooting and editing of highlights for Broadcast Air and On-line postings.
- Working with the Assignment Desk and WGAL Sports department to cover assigned events.
- Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from crews in the field.
- Can work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video.
- The technical ability to produce and publish content to our online platforms.
- Must have computer and software experience.
- Previous newsroom experience preferred.
- Related military experience will be considered.
- Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
- Can work in all weather conditions
- Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver’s license and a near-perfect driving record
- Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
- Can organize and prioritize
- Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn’t wait to be told what to do
- Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.