Sports Inventory Manager
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Strategically maximize revenue through Inventory analyzationManage and update excel workbooks that show the mix and value of avails sold/remaining by SportOversee and directly manage Inventory Analysts who have daily communication about remaining avails for closing logs plus a projected out look to following weeksMaximize inventory by moving forward advertisers to fill avails and help clear watch listPrimary liaison along with the Analysts between log editors and ASRSWork closely with Planning Directors and AnalystsDisseminate Stewardship guidelines and ADU approvalsHelp maintain Stewardship-RC estimates upfront/make good estimate updatesRC updates & releases for schedule changes Help create Upfront RC and program schedule Manage re-expressions from schedule changes throughout the yearWeekly/Daily Inventory reports with sell outsOversee weekly Assistant MeetingsUpdate Ad Sales about upcoming Inventory in sales meetingsWork with Planning Director to improve best practices and business processManage DR & ADU inventoryDevelop and maintain strong relationships with programming schedule directors and Sales Ops teamContribute to the training and development of Ad Sales Analysts, Planners and ASRs
Manage administration of the internal sales process, with an emphasis on coordinating the creation and maintenance of deals, reporting inventory availability and usage, and the delivery of national advertisers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Bachelor's degree
• 3+ years of progressive related experience in media sales or buying
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet research
• Strong knowledge of media math and audience metrics
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Position requires a minimum of 3-5 years working experience either Agency Planning/Buying or Cable/Broadcast Ad Sales/Sales Support
• Candidate should have had supervisory experience in a past work situation
• This position requires a strong media math skill set, excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills required including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.