Data Operations Manager
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBCUniversal is looking for passionate, results-oriented and motivated self-starters to support innovation in our new AdSmart team. AdSmart is the collection of all of NBCU’s data-driven, advertising products, including ATP, Addressable, OTT and digital channel advertising products. This position will support the Data Operations product team and report to the Director, Data Operations and Convergence to incorporate digital and convergent data strategies to ensure subscriber ad monetization and measurement. In addition, working with the other members of the Data Operations team to streamline communication and optimize the workflow between the core internal teams, as well as data vendors, to ensure AdSmart success.
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to: Partner with the digital leads within the larger AdSmart group to provide data operations guidance, help develop new operational workflows to streamline convergent projects, and assist with troubleshooting.Help manage current Adobe relationship, including identifying and testing ways to leverage Adobe for offline and online data convergence.Provide project management support to the overall data team to make audience-targeted campaign operations, new data-targeted product implementation, and troubleshooting processes more efficient.Support the development and streamlining of processes to sync offline data with online data via device graph development and enhancements through submitting business requirements, communicating team priorities, and providing project management support.Assist in evaluating data vendors’ contribution to the device graph and ID resolution to ensure efficient sourcing of device graph data and maximal ID resolution within the graph.Collaborate with Engineering and IT teams to ensure device graph implementation is optimized for data operations use and document new use cases, enhancements, and bugs.Maintain data relationships with vendors to ensure accuracy of data feeds.Keep abreast of the rapidly-evolving technologies and trends in the TV and digital realms and build a thorough understanding of the media and advertising ecosystem and its key players.
• BA/BS degree required, preferably in a quantitative field of study
• 3-6 years of professional experience in media, digital advertising, technology or financial services
• Digital campaign management experience, TV and addressable advertising a big plus.
• Familiarity with Adobe Audience Manager and FreeWheel MRM.
• Familiarity with traditional TV measurement (Nielsen), digital media math.
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Ability to take ownership of open-ended problems, document business requirements, manage timelines, and drive projects to completion
• Customer service orientation (internal and external customers)
• Highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial spirit; intellectually curious
• Familiarity with both online and offline data sources and available linkages.
• Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills - collaborative and positive spirit is key!
• Self-starter with the capacity to deliver on multiple campaigns, contribute new ideas, meet tight deadlines, and be decisive under pressure
• Strong analytical skills, ability to convey the story arc of a campaign to business and product teams
• Candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Familiarity with advertising operations and how ads are delivered and measured cross-channel
• Understanding of the advanced advertising landscape in terms of how data is leveraged and linked within and across platforms for both targeting and measurement purposes
• Experience with SQL, SAS, Scala, Spark and/or Zeppelin notebooks.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.