Digital Content Specialist
- Full Time
The All Arts Digital Content Specialist assists in overseeing content & asset management of our various digital properties. The Digital Content Specialist will work closely with our All Arts online and production teams to create digital content and collaborate with Audience Engagement to drive broadcast and streaming views. Specific responsibilities include:
• Work with Digital Content Editors and designers to coordinate assets for program channels on ALL ARTS’ streaming video server, website and streaming apps;
• Work with Digital Content Editors to create content and publish it to all social media channels;
• Assist in maintaining and updating internal and external calendar listings;
• Help traffic video assets and upload videos to all online distribution channels;
• Identify opportunities for social media videos with Digital Content Editors;
• Solicit b-roll and other video content from outside institutions for use by Digital Content Editors in short-form online video;
• Work collaboratively with editorial team to brainstorm ideas;
• Manage audience communication on social platforms, filtering questions and concerns to various departments;
• Assist in tracking our success online and meeting goals set by network heads;
• Serve as a backup to Digital Content Editors, when necessary
• Occasionally participates on production shoots and events providing on-the-ground coverage for social media;
• Occasionally contributes written blog posts to the ALL ARTS website;
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in digital production and digital content management;
• Experience managing social media for brands that employ video on their accounts;
• Experience working with video and media management; Knowledge of SEO best practices.
• WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Docs, Google Drive and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• BA/BS or equivalent experience
The successful candidate will have excellent writing skills and editorial judgment, the ability to craft short, compelling copy. The ideal candidate will have a passion for all things arts-related, and a keen understanding of social media and community management.
Apply online at www.wnet.org/careers.
WNET New York Public Media
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019
WNET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
WNET is an equal employment opportunity employer. WNET does not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.