Senior Designer & Promotions Manager
- Full Time
The Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation is a 501c3 nonprofit that serves the needs of military service members, veterans and first responders with young children. Founded in 2001, the Siller family started the Foundation in memory of their brother, Stephen, a New York City firefighter (FDNY) who lost his life on September 11, 2001. The Foundation was built upon the mantra, “while we have time, LET US DO GOOD,” and continues Stephen’s legacy by spending more than $100 million dollars in support of those who sacrificed life and limb for our country.
The Designer for the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation is adept at producing a variety of print and digital communications - advertising, brochures, postcards, websites, digital signage and social media posts in a creative and engaging way. The Designer has a pro-active work ethic, a self-motivated drive for quality and creativity, ability to multi-task several projects concurrently, and a strong commitment to meeting deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Print Design: Responsible for the design and production of marketing communications materials in accordance with strategy, branding and budget requirements. Produce a variety of marketing communications including, but not limited to, advertising, collateral material, direct mail, sales promotion, brochures.
- Web and Digital Design: Responsible for the design and production of Tunnel to Towers’ websites, digital art, email and motion graphics in accordance with strategy, branding, plans and budget requirements. Particular experience with WordPress, website scaling, google analytics, thumbnail creation and website coding.
- Foundation Photo Collateral: Manage the organization, tagging, and uploading of all Foundation digital collateral on web platform and online photo albums (i.e. SmugMug)
- Illustration: Work with internal staff members on the design and development of illustrations, charts and graphs to promote Tunnel to Towers programs, events, services and branding.
- Event Design: Work closely with VP of Marketing and internal staff members on the design, development, logistics, management and implementation of event materials.
- Print Production and Fulfillment: Coordinate and manage the production, printing and fulfillment of marketing communication materials from project inception to completion.
- Assist in Development and Implementation of Communications, Marketing and Promotional Plans: Work closely with the VP of Marketing and internal staff members on the development and implementation of marketing and promotional efforts aimed at messaging and lead generation, and increased sales for events, programs and services.
- Scheduling, Purchasing, Budgeting and Vendor Liaison: Research the services and costs of advertising/media sources, scheduling and purchasing of media placement appropriate to specific promotional goals, and purchase of printing. Assist with the budgeting for marketing communications projects and departmental activities, plus coordination of marketing communications outsourcing companies.
- Assists with Brand Management: Work closely with the VP of Marketing to enhance and promote branding. Implement branding by following objectives designed to illicit positive response and increased awareness.
- This position typically requires a four-year college degree
- Five (5) years of hands-on experience in print design, web design, events design, illustration, and graphics.
- Demonstrated experience in a cooperative environment and the ability to manage multiple projects, both short- and long-term, within tight deadlines is a must
- Proven organizational and communication skills, along with the ability to work well with others are essential
- Computer proficiency in a cross-platform Macintosh/PC environment along with proven knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Responsive Design, HTML, CSS and Microsoft Office are required
- Knowledge of design, communications, marketing and branding is essential.
- Copywriting skills are a plus.
*Please submit a cover letter along with your resume.
*Online/Print portfolio to be submitted with application.
Special Working conditions may include: a change in days worked, shift hours, and/or working conditions (outdoors or other locations) when participating and assisting in special events such as: NYC Tunnel to Towers Run, golf outings, and other fundraising events, as required.
Apply for Senior Designer & Promotions Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly