- Full Time
Digiday Media is seeking a reporter to cover the business of publishing, digging deep into how publishers make money in a challenging environment. This role is focused on the money side of media.
The publishing reporter will be well-sourced at top publishers, from magazine companies to newspapers to digitally native players. The candidate will be extremely well-versed in how monetization systems work, from ad tech to subscriptions to video. We are looking for more of a reporter than a writer, someone willing to dig into the details to report out both the big picture of being a modern publisher as well as the in-the-weeds details of how modern publishers execute on their strategies, whether that’s implementing email newsletters, subscription tech, doing deals with platforms.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least three years reporting experience.
- Have experience covering the business side of media.
- Know enough about ad tech to be dangerous.
- Have sources at top publishing companies.
- Have a proven record of breaking stories.
- Demonstrate an ability to do both big picture analysis pieces as well as nuts-and-bolts daily coverage.
- Understand Digiday’s point of view and brand differentiation.
- Show a willingness to pitch in on a small team with many different projects.
- Have the ability to produce high quality reporting on a daily basis.
This is a full-time position based in our New York City headquarters. Digiday Media offers competitive compensation in line with experience levels, as well as full benefits. We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds and those with nontraditional experience.
In lieu of a cover letter, please send a memo with three story ideas that would work for this beat, along with ideas of the sources you would talk to for them.