- Full Time
Digiday Media is seeking a media editor to lead our coverage of the fast-changing landscape for publishers.
The media editor will manage a team of reporters to cover both the big picture issues facing media, from the control of the duopoly to the scramble for subscriptions. They will also cover the mechanics of succeeding as a modern publisher, whether that’s using email newsletters to cut down on subscriber churn or implementing a successful PMP strategy. This role is a hybrid of reporting and editing. The ideal candidate is comfortable doing both and juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has deep knowledge of the media industry, particularly the underpinnings of how publishers make money.
- Knows how to break stories and isn’t afraid of pushing to get beyond PR.
- Has sources at major publishers and tech platforms.
- Wants to manage a team and help them grow.
- Can write quickly but also do magazine-style features and deep analytical pieces.
- Understands Digiday’s brand and approach.
- Shows comfort in a fast-changing environment.
- Has fascination with the business side of publishing, ie, how media makes money.
This is a full-time position based in our New York City headquarters. Digiday Media offers competitive compensation in line with experience levels, as well as full benefits.
In lieu of a cover letter, please send a memo with three story ideas that would work for this beat, along with ideas of the sources you would talk to for them.