Manager, Marketing Strategy
- Full Time
The New York Post boasts a renowned history of bold, irresistible coverage that has expanded to include a growing, digital-first content network spanning desktop, mobile, app, social, print, events and TV!
Brands under the Post Digital Network include NYPost.com, PageSix.com and Decider.com (an entertainment streaming guide for the on-demand generation).
Post Studios is the in-house creative strategy team that develops and executes custom client solutions.
This client-facing strategic and creative Marketing role will work cross-functionally with Design, Insights, Account Management and Ad Operations to provide well-rounded Sales support for national, retail and local sales executives.
Core responsibilities include:
- Lead brainstorm conversations with internal teams to develop scalable, multi-platform solutions in response to client RFPs or proactive opportunities
- Develop and articulate custom native campaigns, sponsorships and activation opportunities that address client objectives
- Manage sales material creation in response to RFPs, proactive opportunities and other sales requests
- Help coordinate pricing and media plan details with Account Management and Account Executives
- Accompany AEs on client meetings to assist in sell-through of opportunities and to probe for actionable insights
- Regularly meet with AEs to follow up on proposals and uncover pro-active opportunities
- Manage process for sold integrated campaigns:
- Work with Content, Design, Video, etc. to produce program
- Serve as primary communication lead with client and/or agency contacts throughout production process, while keeping AE informed
- Communicate timelines and set reasonable expectations for product outcome and project fulfillment
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all internal and external partners
- Build post-campaign recap/ insights deck
- Other projects as assigned
Core Competencies/ Desired Skills:
- Strong written communication skills with preference for sales/marketing writing experience (writing samples required)
- Diplomatic collaborator who can display leadership in teamwork settings
- Experience creating campaign pitch decks and proposals
- Ability to present ideas in a concise manner
- Branded content/custom program project management experience
- Superior organizational skills
- Comfort working under tight deadlines
- Understanding of digital media sales process/players/communication tools and software
- Creative and critical thinking
- Positive attitude, and eagerness to learn
- Demonstrated knowledge of pop culture happenings/digital marketing trends
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Google Drive
- Photoshop and Wordpress experience a plus
As an equal opportunity employer, the New York Post does not discriminate in hiring or the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The New York Post will consider the provision of reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants to enable them to participate in our application process and to effectively perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would impose an undue financial or operational hardship.