We are looking for a Production Coordinator to support the production reprints department that works on distinguished titles for the Penguin Publishing Group. This person will be responsible for book production and administrative support for reprint work for the Dutton imprint, with support to the Berkley imprint.
Specifically, the Production Coordinator:
* Handles all aspects of production including, but not limited to, facilitating text and cover changes, maintaining schedules by tracking the progress of titles through production using internal system reporting, estimating, scheduling, and all vendor contact.
* Maintains accurate specifications in SAP.
* Creates and issues purchase orders to component printers and binderies.
* Checks vendor invoices and ensures quote to billing match.
* Responsible for quality control checks on reprints.
* Provides administrative support to the supervisor including up keeping various reports, routing cover materials, and pre-flighting printer ready cover files.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
* Minimum of 1 year book production experience
* Superb communication and interpersonal skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Strong organizational, scheduling, and time management skills
* Proven ability to multitask and prioritize in a deadline driven environment
* Strong arithmetic skills including the ability to work comfortably with numbers
* Proficient in SAP, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
* Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and File Maker Pro a plus
* Comfortable using Mac operating systems a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.