- Full Time
Sightline Media Group is the leading news organization covering military, defense, public sector, federal technology, C4ISR and cyber defense. Our independent, award-winning journalism offers coverage from around the globe, from Sightline headquarters in the Washington, DC area to bureaus and correspondents in the U.S. and around the world. Sightline Media offers our business clientele a wide range of platforms to reach the market. From digital and mobile solutions to events, thought leadership, publications, video and custom options, Sightline works with clients on opportunities that have credibility, integrity, engagement and impact.
We are looking for a skilled and results-driven Digital Strategist to optimize performance of various digital mediums and assist in expanding traffic to various content. The Digital Strategist will be tasked to analyze user data and become subject matter expert on the brands’ various digital audiences and their respective behaviors. The position will support editors with real time optimization with laser focus on increasing reach by surfacing relevant and related content. In general the strategist will initiate, report on and execute digital marketing strategies to grow our business, customer base and improve user experience.
Ideal candidates for this position should be innovative, have newsroom experience and analytics savvy. Ultimately, the Digital Strategist should have a firm grasp of the various digital touch points, steer our organization's digital narrative, and help drive highly effective digital campaigns.
Digital Strategist Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and implement improvements on digital strategy.
- Research the latest digital tools and interactive trends.
- Optimize SEO and user experience for top performing news articles.
- Execute integrated and cost-effective digital strategies.
- Analyze and report on digital campaigns.
- Analyze customer and user data.
- Engage with sales and management teams for analytic overviews.
- Map out how digital assets will be optimized for business results.
- Define and create action on digital events.
Digital Strategist Requirements:
- Degree in Advertising, Marketing, Communication Science or equivalent experience — preferably with a digital media company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Firm grasp of emerging digital tools.
- Experience using Google Analytics or other third-party digital analysis tools (Omniture, Chartbeat, Parse.ly, etc.)
- Experience reporting on social media analytics, including FB Audience Insights, YouTube analytics and Instagram Insights.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Insightful and perceptive.
- Business knowledge.
- Deadline driven.
- Possess broad knowledge of best digital practices.