Branded Content Writer
Narratively, the award-winning digital media company, is hiring a Branded Content Writer for a full-time contract position. This person will take on a broad array of writing and editing assignments for our Narratively Creative clients, which include leading brands, publishers and non-profit organizations. The right candidate is someone who can help champion Narratively’s high-quality, authentic brand of storytelling while imparting a crucial sensitivity to brands’ specific goals. They should be able to seamlessly handle multiple quick-turnaround assignments at once, while adapting their writing skills to suit a wide range of voices, topics and audiences.
Would you love to work with a fun, passionate group of journalists and creators while spending your entire day writing about everything from tech platforms to termites?
Are you equally passionate about reporting longform features and writing snappy, engaging web content?
Do you get outraged when you spot a misplaced quotation mark and abnormally enthused when you read a brilliant tagline?
If you answered yes to all of those questions, keep reading.
– Writing 4 – 5 original articles per week, a mix of reported features and shorter blog posts.
– Assigning additional stories to freelance writers and editing those pieces.
– Crafting strategy and ideas for pitches.
– Communicating directly with client representatives and managing client relationships.
– Experience working as a reporter as well as writing branded content.
– Exceptional organizational skills and expertise at managing multiple workflows simultaneously.
– Outstanding interpersonal skills and relevant experience managing client relationships.
Start date: Immediately.
The candidate must be available to work out of our Brooklyn office 2 – 3 days a week (our team works remotely for half of the week). This is a 4-month contract position, with the potential to become a permanent role for the right person. Please send a cover letter, resume, and three examples of your branded content writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Narratively is a Brooklyn-based media company that celebrates the diversity of humanity through authentic stories. Our award-winning work extends from our storytelling platform, Narratively.com, to Narratively Creative, our production studio that creates high-quality branded and commercial content for agencies, brands and publishers; Narratively Studios, our rapidly growing TV/film division that has an overall deal with Warner Bros.; and Narratively Podcasts, launched in 2019.
Narratively is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversifying the media industry. People of color and others from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.