Modern Retail Editor
- Full Time
Digiday Media is looking for an editor to lead Modern Retail, its new publication devoted to chronicling the reinvention of retail.
The ideal candidate should have a demonstrated aptitude for building a brand and strong editorial vision, as well as the ability to guide and lead reporters and set the tone for the publication. Excellent writing and editing are a must, as are a willingness and aptitude for managing a team. An entrepreneurial mindset is a must. This position requires setting a vision for the brand -- and executing on that vision.
The ideal candidate will also have strong connections and sources both in and out of the industry and be comfortable representing Modern Retail and Digiday Media at events and industry gatherings both domestically and internationally.
Specific job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Charting the editorial vision for Modern Retail
- Day to day editing of stories, long-term planning for features, series
- Writing and reporting stories for Modern Retail
- Working with the wider Digiday team on special projects, hosting conferences and events for Modern Retail.
- Significant and deep expertise in the retail industries, especially a deep understanding of how direct-to-consumer companies, as well as legacy retailers, are adapting to digital and a new consumer mindset
- Excellent writing and reporting skills and an understanding of how to break stories, go beyond PR and write analytical, insightful pieces
A willingness and desire to coach more junior employees and manage a team
An ability and willingness to work across cross-functional teams and multiple other managers to come up with new ideas and new projects
As your application, please send a cover letter outlining some story and feature ideas for Modern Retail as well as a resume.
Working at Digiday Media
Digiday Media is a fast-growing and ambitious modern media company. Our reporting is honest, truthful and jargon-free, and aims to create real change in the media, marketing and retail industries. We mix high-quality journalism with thoughtful analysis –– and we have a lot of fun along the way. We also have a roster of high-profile events around the world that bring together executives from all corners of the industry. This is a company for ambitious, self-starting individuals who want to work in a fast-paced and creative environment.