- Full Time
Digiday Media is looking for an experienced reporter to cover platforms, such as Google and Facebook, and the ecosystems of media and advertising companies that surround them.
The platforms reporter will be well-sourced at platforms as well as at the media and advertising companies — including publishers, advertisers, agencies, ad tech companies and influencer firms — that distribute content on and/or buy ads from the platforms. The candidate will be knowledgeable about the platforms’ various business models, including how other companies directly and indirectly generate revenue from the platforms and the tools that the platforms provide to these outside companies. The candidate will be aware of the history of the platforms’ relationships with publishers, advertisers, influencers and government regulators. The platforms reporter will have a solid grasp of the various industries that these platforms span, from search to social to video to commerce. They will be able to connect the dots on moves that the platforms make and their ripple effects across these broader industries, anticipating those ripple effects and following up on their impacts.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least three years reporting experience.
- Have experience covering the business side of platforms
- Know enough about ad tech to be dangerous.
- Have sources inside agencies, brands and platforms
- Have a proven record of breaking stories.
- Demonstrate an ability to do both big picture analysis pieces as well as nuts-and-bolts daily coverage.
- Understand Digiday’s point of view and brand differentiation.
- Show a willingness to pitch in on a small team with many different projects.
- Have the ability to produce high quality reporting on a daily basis.
This is a full-time position based in our New York City headquarters. Digiday Media offers competitive compensation in line with experience levels, as well as full benefits. We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds and those with nontraditional experience.
In lieu of a cover letter, please send a memo with three story ideas that would work for this beat, along with ideas of the sources you would talk to for them.