Senior Associate, Digital Strategy
- Full Time
The Pew Charitable Trusts uses data to make a difference. For more than 70 years, we have focused on serving the public, invigorating civic life, conducting nonpartisan research, advancing effective public policies and practices, and achieving tangible results. Through rigorous inquiry and knowledge sharing, we inform and engage public-spirited citizens and organizations, linking diverse interests to pursue common cause. We are a dedicated team of researchers, communicators, advocates, subject matter experts, and professionals working on today's big challenges – and we know we are more effective and creative collectively than we are individually. With Philadelphia as our home town and the majority of our staff located in Washington, DC, our U.S. and international staff find working at Pew personally and professionally rewarding.
Wise stewardship of resources allows Pew employees to pursue work that strategically furthers our philanthropic mission in significant and measurable ways. We collaborate with a diverse range of philanthropic partners, public and private organizations, and concerned citizens who share our interest in fact-based solutions and goal-driven investments to improve society. Pew attracts top talent, people of integrity who are service-oriented and willing to take on challenging assignments. We provide competitive pay and benefits, a healthy work-life balance, and a respectful and inclusive workplace. Pew employees are proud of their colleagues, proud of where they work, and proud of the institution's reputation.
The Communications department supports leaders at all levels of the institution to promote project and campaign efforts, inform key audiences, and protect and advance Pew's reputation. The department provides a comprehensive range of communications services for all programmatic and administrative units and Trusts-operated projects. Our in-house expertise includes: strategy and message development; editorial support; design and creative services; media event planning; digital and video production; and social media. The unit oversees all communications policies, guidelines, and processes to ensure production of the highest quality work and effectively steward Pew's resources.
This position is responsible for collecting and analyzing digital analytics across all of Pew's channels and communicating key findings to the organization's senior leadership team and to colleagues in the Communications department. The major tasks include analyzing data, interpreting results, and developing clear analysis that tells the story behind the numbers for Pew's external communications activities. This role is located in Washington, DC and the individual will report to a manager in the digital team in Communications.
- Uses analytics to make recommendations to optimize performance of Pew digital properties, including website, newsletters, and social media. Analyze the data and trends to improve SEO and inform content strategies.
- Proactively collaborates with various team members to plan, execute, and evaluate content performance and A/B testing across channels.
- Communicates results effectively by telling the story behind the data and developing actionable recommendations.
- Tracks and measures metrics across the digital suite of tools at the organizational, project, campaign, and content level.
- Works to improve data methodology by applying statistical methods to reduce “noise” and improve results.
- Generates, writes, and distributes analytic reports for Communications and program staff that result in a better understanding of Pew's audience and provide insight into trends to help strategic planning.
- Develops benchmarking for Pew's digital properties.
- Responds to requests for metrics from colleagues across the Communications department; prepares presentations on metrics.
- Defines traffic and engagement baseline measurements for Pew websites and other digital channels; suggests improvements in content production and placement that could help increase Pew's audience reach, engagement, and impact.
- Educates colleagues on identifiable trends based on analytics and provides overviews of effective communications tactics and lessons learned.
- Presents to all levels of staff to help inform colleagues about the value of analytics, new data and analysis, results of testing, and best practices.
- Contributes to and participates in tasks and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with a focus on statistics, mathematics, computer science, marketing or similar degree experience preferred.
- A minimum of four years of applicable professional experience required.
- Strong strategic and tactical analytics and metrics understanding and skills, honed by previous digital analytics experience in either the for-profit or nonprofit arena.
- Significant experience configuring and using tag management and data management platforms required.
- Demonstrable expertise in Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Twitter analytics, and Facebook Insights is required.
- Experience with business intelligence platforms required. Other analytics software experience is a plus.
- Understanding of digital marketing best practices including developing and optimizing measurement frameworks for content marketing campaigns, cross-channel advertising efforts, email marketing campaigns, as well as SEO requirements.
- Proven experience using SQL to effectively manipulate various data sets, clean and prepare data for analysis, and query data for scheduled and on-demand reporting needs.
- Analytical programming experience including predictive analytics, modeling, and forecasting is preferred.
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to analyze data, interpret information and trends in large amounts of data to develop actionable recommendations.
- Proficiency with data programming of some kind (R, Python, etc.) is preferred.
- Strong project management and organizational skills. Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, organize time and identify resources for projects.
- Team player. Ability to work in groups and individually to meet goals. Ability to understand organizational structures and effectively work through administrative systems.
- Solid communication skills—must be able to work one-on-one with staff to inform, convince, and encourage.
- Presenting/public speaking experience a plus.
Minimal travel anticipated.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/6x9k5z5nb33b4w32