Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and organised creative Marketing Designer to join our talented global team of graphic designers creating branded online and offline marketing campaigns and solutions. Our team is a key part of the Marketing Services department, which also includes Digital, Multimedia and Exhibit teams. We collaborate with these specialist teams to provide multi-channel solutions supporting our internal marketing clients to communicate Springer Nature’s brands, products and services to the world’s research community.
As a member of the Marketing Design Team you’ll develop inspiring concepts and creative for integrated branded campaigns across a full range of online and offline touchpoints (including web, mail, multimedia, print, social, event graphics, promo and more). You’ll contribute to imprint-level brand development and help to shape and guide the evolution of flagship brands. In addition, you’ll create a variety of individual pieces including engaging infographics and distinctive new logos.
We’re looking for good all-round experience of marketing design, knowledge of brand application and an understanding of how your concepts can be taken by our specialist teams and applied across digital touchpoints. You’ll be working within existing brand guidelines and helping to develop new ones so an eye for detail is essential, as is the ability to problem solve, unpicking complex challenges to find the right solution.
While you’ll embrace our supportive team environment, you’ll also be confident operating independently, meeting and supporting local marketing colleagues, presenting and discussing your ideas.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Design of marketing materials in collaboration with the Marketing Department and specialist teams within Marketing Services.
- Acting as a brand guardian, providing advice and explanation to colleagues as necessary.
- Collaborating with other marketing designers in team to create and develop new concepts, campaigns or branding, confidently leading and presenting where appropriate.
- Scheduling own diary to ensure punctual delivery.
- Supporting team workflow/process improvements, contributing to guidance and best practice.
- Preparing artwork accurately to print and digital specs, liaising with relevant teams.
- Providing assistance and cover within the Design Team, as required.
Experience, skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Graphic Design.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience as a Marketing Designer – publishing experience is not essential.
- Strong user of Adobe CC (specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) and confident IT user.
- Evidence of strong conceptual and creative skills across online and offline solutions.
- Attention to detail at all stages of a project and when delivering files to online and pre-press specifications.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, able to multitask and work to deadline independently.
- Strong team worker, supportive and collaborative.
- Patient and flexible, with good problem solving skills.
- Awareness and interest in new developments and directions in design and creativity.
To apply, please include three relevant work samples with your CV.
If you are an internal applicant please inform your line manager.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster:
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.