Freelance Graphic Designer
- Full Time
Freelance Graphic Designer
Do you have a passion for food, wine and design? This gig could be on your fall menu…
The nation’s leading private culinary school, with campuses in New York City and Los Angeles, is looking for a Freelance Graphics Designer to supplement its creative team and work across all content platforms, including: website, social, blog, email marketing and ads.
Our freelance graphics position offers fun, creative projects using ICE’s brand guidelines and rich visual system. It will likely require on average of 5-10 hours of production per week, though flexibility is ideal to adjust to ICE’s seasonal needs. You’ll enjoying working with our high-production marketing team in the center of the New York City food scene and the complimentary classes, demos and tickets that come with working with ICE!
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Graphic design, motion graphics, layouts and light photo editing.
- Landing page design and updates.
- Email template design and updates.
- Banner ad creation and testing.
- Graphic support for social media: ice.edu/blog, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Offline advertising layouts, such as print ads, newsletters and pamphlets.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in a related field or equivalent experience, job knowledge and success.
- Minimum of 5 years of graphics and design experience with demonstrated success working within a brand’s visual guidelines (in-house experience preferred).
- Working knowledge of user interface design process.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Working knowledge of Final Cut, AfterEffects or similar video editing program a strong plus.
To apply, please email brian@ ice.edu the following information with the subject: Graphic Designer
1) Resume clearly demonstrating your professional skill set, experience and interests
2) Portfolio with your most recent work samples (may be used for references)
3) Hourly rate for the above mentioned work
§ Only applicants that meet the requirements and provide the above 3 items will be considered.
§ Please do not submit your resume if you do not live in commutable distance to the NYC area. Occasional meetings at ICE may be necessary, depending on the project.
§ We appreciate the interest, but phone or walk-in applications will not be accepted.
§ Thank you, but no agency solicitations please.
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is one of the largest and most diverse culinary schools in the world with campuses in New York and Los Angeles. Established in 1975, ICE offers award-winning six to 13-month career training programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Health-Supportive Culinary Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management and Hotel & Hospitality Management and continuing education programs in Artisan Bread Baking and the Art of Cake Decorating — with more than 14,000 successful alumni, many of whom are leaders in the industry. ICE also offers continuing education for culinary professionals, hosts more than 500 special events each year and is home to one of the world’s largest recreational cooking, baking and beverage programs with 26,000 students annually. ICE’s 74,000-square-foot, cutting edge campus in New York City and its new 38,000-square-foot campus in Los Angeles were designed for inspiration, creativity and community. Visit us at ice.edu, watch our videos on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/iceculinary, or join us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @iceculinary to find your culinary voice™.