The NBCUniversal Creative Group, a small in-house agency at 30 Rock in New York, is looking for a dynamic copywriter to handle a wide range of assignments targeted to NBCU employees, consumers, and the trade.
The right candidate delivers fresh, concise and strategically sound concepts/copy with passion in a fast-paced in-house agency setting. You gel with designers and together elevate the ordinary to awesome. You don’t mind the occasional grunt work like fact-checking and proofreading. Responsibilities
Develop multiple creative solutions per projectTake direction from creative leads as well as work independently on assignmentsNail headlines, taglines, short copy, explainers, etc.Possess cultural intelligence, from social to entertainment and the media industryFollow through on projects from concept to completionBasic Qualifications
- 3+ years of relevant experience, preferable in a media, entertainment, or an in-house agency environment
- Bachelors Degree in a related field
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Accomplished in a variety of voices, from corporate advertising to “buzzy” promotional campaigns
- Experience with collaborating with print, digital, and experiential design teams. Ability to think visually is a plus
- Effective proofreading and fact-checking skills
- Interested in pop and entertainment culture, social media, and technology
- Strong time management/organizational skills
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.