Digital Producer, The Maury Show
Location: Stamford, Connecticut
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
- Oversee daily website, app and digital initiatives and content including video, photos, promotional items, sales, marketing and public relations campaigns.
- Develop a ‘voice’ for Maury on social platforms; build and maintain presence on social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, with a focus on value-added editorial content, driving engagement and building audience
- Manage large-scale digital initiatives and campaigns through web and mobile devices.
- Lead the development, editing, and creation of copy & content (text, photo & video) for online platforms.
- Create and develop original digital only content and products.
- Work closely with show producers and talent to enhance brand messaging
- Analyze and monitor social and digital metrics through web reporting tools. Utilize user data to track trends to ensure goals are met.
- Schedule and manage a variety of digital content across all social platforms.
- Ability to edit videos in a quick turnaround for publishing.
- Manage syndicated vendor partnerships.
- Communicate and implement NBCU initiatives and corporate standards to the site.
- Leverage social opportunities into rich content on website. Develop strategy for content for station affiliates and applicable NBCU platforms.
- Work closely with legal teams to assure all rights and clearances are properly pursued and secured.
- Collaborate with marketing teams and show production on overall strategy and creative. Ensure consistent brand positioning and marketing messaging.
- Manage video Preditor and oversee all digital content produced.
- Manage digital production assistant and interns.
- Identify, research and analyze emerging social and videos apps and platform.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of 2 + years experience in online, digital or marketing/post production.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment handling several ongoing tasks.
• Strong writing skills, able to generate SEO-centric copy for blogs, videos, photos and other content. Strong command of spelling, grammar and self-editing.
• Proficient at video editing (Final Cut Pro/Adobe/AVID) and photo editing (Adobe suite).
• Experience handling several content management systems.
• Thorough understanding of common web & interface conventions.
• Understanding of HTML & CSS as well as command of MS Office products including Word and Excel.
• Marketing experience in entertainment/media preferred.
• Multi-task oriented, strong organizational process & time management skills.
• Ability to cultivate and maintain healthy working relationships in several business areas.
• Effective in communicating (both written & verbal) with technical development team members, as well as non-technical resources.
• Available to work nights and weekends.
• Bachelor’s degree, minimum.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• At least one (1) year experience creating multimedia content
• Proficiency with standard blogging/publishing software
• Proficiency with social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat with heavy focus of Facebook Watch campaigns and live correspondence on social such as Instagram Stories.
• Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice.
• Required to work in Stamford, CT.
• Experience shooting, producing and editing video for the web is preferred
• HTML skills, basic photo-editing skills
• Experience with Final Cut, Avid or other software based video editing is a plus Speedy decision-making and quick reactions to newsworthy/fresh topics for social media
• Ability to work calmly under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Strong writing skills
• Knowledge of daytime (particularly syndication) television landscape and current trends.
• Knowledge of digital entertainment and social landscape and current trends along with emerging technologies.
• Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task on multiple projects at once.
• Ability to work with others and collaborate across the organization to achieve goals.
• Flexibility and an ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment, while staying positive and upbeat.
• Team player with a positive attitude
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.