- Full Time
Newsday Media Group is looking for an On Air-Reporter/Photographer to join our team. The On Air-Reporter/Photographer is a hybrid position combining on-air reporting and shooting. Works independently as well as paired with another reporter-photog, allowing one to shoot while the other performs on camera.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Cover news and feature assignments on location and in studio.
- Report, shoot and edit major market broadcast quality stories.
- Present thorough, fair and balanced stories that engage users.
- Gather facts, utilize sources, follow leads, research, and fact check to ensure stories are as accurate and comprehensive as possible.
- Operate required cameras and related gear with competence and maintain as required.
- Pitch original story ideas on unique, relevant and newsworthy topics, including fresh angles and follow-ups.
- Conduct live or pre-recorded interviews, debriefs, standups as required with adequate research and preparation.
- Collaborate with E.P. senior managers and colleagues to produce content that resonates with Newsday’s mission and meets its high standards.
Essential Job Knowledge & Skills
- A bachelor’s degree is required. A degree in Journalism, Communications, or equivalent work experience is preferred, but not required.
- Must have a demo reel with on-air, and photography examples.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a commercial broadcast.
- Familiarity with mirrorless dSLR’s and Sony broadcast cameras and equipment a plus.
- Advance knowledge of Adobe Premiere.
- Knowledge of live streaming equipment, a plus.
- Knowledge of multiple camera platforms a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong writing skills, and ability to articulate and convey information in a clear, concise and conversational manner.
- Excellent live reporting skills and strong on-camera presentation skills.
- Able to work a flexible and varied schedule, to include weekends, holidays, nights and extended hours.
- Ability to interact professionally and build relationships and sources, and engage viewers and subscribers.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven team environment.
- Ability to shoot and edit digital video.
- Strong research skills, including the ability to navigate online search engines.
Newsday Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.