- Full Time
Newsday Media Group is looking for a Producer to join our team. The Producer will produce high quality video and digital content leveraging a state-of-the-art studio facility, award-winning video department and Newsday staff journalists.
Essential Duties & Function
- Participate in story selection process.
- Help oversee daily deployment of video resources.
- Manage full range of studio and remote productions, including daily newscasts, interviews, live events, documentaries, multi-part series, special interest and other news-related programming.
- Produce and write original content for TV and digital platforms.
- Coordinate effectively with other editorial and interactive operations.
Essential Job Knowledge
- A bachelor’s degree is required. A degree in Journalism, Communications, or equivalent work experience is preferred, but not required.
- A year of experience as line and/or field producer in commercial TV news production facility.
- Strong writing, editing and storytelling skills.
- Solid news sense and knowledge of TV journalism.
- Familiarity with major newsroom systems.
- Good leadership skills.
- Ability to work creatively and smoothly across departments in a large news organization.
- Ability to coach and critique effectively.
- Well informed on major issues.
Newsday Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.