Mgr - Ad Sales Marketing
- Full Time
The Mgr - Ad Sales Marketing manages the day-to-day marketing and promotion activity for brands: amNewYork, Newsday, amny.com, newsday.com across print, digital, mobile, social, event and outdoor platforms to meet the objectives of the department and the needs of each sales team.
The Mgr - Ad Sales Marketing reports directly to and works closely with the Director to conceive, create, and execute integrated marketing programs including internal materials and external sales collateral. This result-driven role involves a high level of interaction with both internal NMG departments and external vendors.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Develop and manage responsive and proactive integrated programs, proposals, and out-of-the-box advertiser solutions for NMG accounts across all platforms; work with members of other NMG business units (circulation, research, PR, events, etc) to explore cross-media opportunities; participate in sales calls to bring programs and ideas to life for advertisers as needed. Serve as a brand steward, manage day-to-day workflow and the activities of graphic artists who create materials to approved brand guidelines.
- Research and develop new and custom marketing programs and opportunities to drive revenue for the NMG; cultivate and manage marketing partnerships and assist in the development of marketing programs that drive incremental revenues where possible.
- Shape and contribute to lead nurturing, e-newsletter, event marketing and sponsorship email marketing programs that produce above average results and are executed using best practices.
- Coordinate and execute B2B and B2C events including promotion, vendor contracts, payments, and relationships, and fulfillment of sold sponsorships.
- Additionally, theMgr - Ad Sales Marketing may be called upon to present integrated marketing concepts to both clients and agency contacts.
Essential Job Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or a related field.
- 10+ years’ experience with marketing, promotions, advertising agency, or publishing.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Must have a proven track record for developing sales-driving custom programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint. Adobe Creative products a plus.
- Creative problem solving and the ability to find solutions quickly
- Able to function independently and in a team environment
- Must be self-motivated and manage time effectively
- Ability to work a flexible and varied schedule to include weekends, holidays and extended hours as needed to support business needs.
Newsday Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.