Debtwire Latin America Primary Bond Market Reporter
- Full Time
Debtwire, an Acuris company and the leading provider of news and analysis for the global fixed-income markets, is seeking a motivated journalist to cover the Latin American bond market.
The role offers a great opportunity for a recent graduate or reporter with a few years of experience to develop skills covering finance and Latin America, working closely with our experienced team of journalists based in New York City and throughout the region.
The New York City-based reporter will cover Latin American companies from across the region, providing news on their attempts to issue new debt. Debtwire's Latin American product provides sophisticated investors and advisors with deep-dive coverage of in-region companies, with an emphasis on high-yield, distressed and restructuring borrowers.
Spanish or Portuguese language skills are preferred.
- Reporting, writing and filing copy on a daily basis
- Pitching in on special projects such as webinars, podcasts
- Assist with developing coverage outside of assigned beats
- Cultivating and meeting with sources
- In-region travel as necessary
Skills and Experience:
- Aspirations to break news
- Strong writing skills and an investigative mindset
- Time management and communication skills
- Networking and contact-building skills
- A self-starter attitude with a cooperative approach
Debtwire is owned by Acuris, a leading financial news provider comprised of eighteen separate product lines. Acuris's products and services provide the global advisory, financial, investment, and corporate communities with forward-looking intelligence and analysis that enables them to spot new business opportunities, increase their revenues, and keep several steps ahead of the competition.
Acuris has regional head offices in London, New York, and Hong Kong with over 1,000 total staff members in 65 locations worldwide.