#1 New York Times best selling author and celebrity trainer Jorge Cruise Seeking Executive Assistant
- Full Time
#1 New York Times best selling author and celebrity trainer Jorge Cruise Seeking Executive Assistant with Impeccable Communications Skills to Manage serial Entrepreneur’s New Business
Thank you for checking out this listing - first off, you might want to watch a brief video so you can meet Jorge and learn more about this opportunity:
Here’s what you can expect:
- Chaotic, intense, high-energy, easygoing, generous, happy, enthusiastic Internet entrepreneur seeks a super-smart executive assistant to help him with his businesses.
- Your primary focus is to protect his time, financial interests, image/brand/reputation and multiply his effectiveness.
- You’ll learn his communication style and voice so you can respond to his emails, written communications and manage the majority of his day-to-day activities, schedule and correspondence so that he can focus on high-value relationships, projects and business activities.
- His current business includes running an online fasting coaching club (www.jorgecruise.com), online food company (www.cruisecontrolfoods.com) , his TV show projects, his magazine columns, book development, media relations and supporting a non-profit 501c3.
- This is an extremely rewarding position for someone who loves to learn, has a passion for details and is excited by the thought of online marketing, product development, production, creating tools that help people be more healthy, profitable and make the world a better place to live in.
The ideal candidate has these qualities:
- Excellent writer – with great spelling and grammar
- Highly organized
- Reliable & stable
- Improviser of solutions
- Takes great notes
- Outstanding listener, pays attention and follows directions
- No “attitude,” even-tempered, manages temper
- Quick learner, wants to study and learn new skills continually
- Ability to convert chaos into order
- Results-driven, take orders and execute without micromanaged
- Loyal, relationship-oriented and relationship-driven
- An elephantine-memory
- Don’t take things personally: it’s NEVER ABOUT YOU!
- Can deal with profanity (this entrepreneur uses “colorful” language)
- Great sense of humor and character
- FAST & FOCUSED
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Writing and editing skills
- Following up
- Managing airline, hotel, car rental reservations
- Managing high-value clients and customers
- Asks great questions
- Knows how to find solutions and answers online – excellent research skills (knows Google)
- Fast touch-typer
BOTTOM LINE: IF YOU CAN’T WRITE OR TYPE WELL, IF YOUR SPELLING OR GRAMMAR ISN’T OUTSTANDING, THIS ISN’T THE JOB FOR YOU.
Responsibilities include doing these things or finding outsource assistance to do them and to manage and make sure they’re done properly:
- Making sure Jorge completes every project he accepts
- Manage and organize commitments
- Follow-up and follow-through
- Listen to, watch and proof audio and video programs
- Copywriting, review and edit scripts
- “Wrangling,” filing and organizing computer data
- Research ANYTHING, summarizing findings
- Scheduling Jorge’s Google Calendar
- Coordinating and communicating with high-value clients
- Finding and coordinating with vendors
- Managing and responding to his email accounts
- Writing and managing surveys
- Constantly learning new skills
- Online marketing assistance
- Updating and managing Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat LinkedIn and Blog accounts
- Finding, testing and managing outsource and crowdsource people
- Managing thank-you cards & gifts for high-value clients and customers
- Watching email & following up
- Responding to phone calls
- Product research and buying
- New York City, New York (100% of the time)
- Full-time, but must be accessible anytime, need to be available on-call and weekends unless you let me know in advance that you won’t be available
- Starting pay will vary based upon your experience and skills.
Check Out These Websites for Background Information:
Why Jorge needs your help:
He often gets overwhelmed with “busy” tasks that prevent him from focusing on the work that he finds profitable and enjoyable. He will spend too much time letting his businesses run him instead of the other way around. His last executive assistant moved to CT to be closer to her family on the East coast after 8 years of service.
Here’s the stuff he SHOULD be doing but often can’t because he is constantly interrupted:
- Creating sales offers and marketing campaigns
- Creating new products
- Creating new content and training for his existing products and services so his customers remain members and customers for life!
- Daily online TV show to connect and bond with his customers
- 40+ per week
Time required for availability:
- 7am – 5:30 pm Pacific Standard Time
- Some check-in needed during weekends to check for emergency support issues (online businesses do not “stand still” on weekends)
- Flexibility as long as you’re responsive and get your work done and let me know in advance when you won’t be available
Primary Qualities Desired in YOU:
- Jorge’s #1 rule: your family and your body come FIRST. As long as you let him know what’s going on so he can manage expectations, you can take care of your family and he strongly and highly support you taking care of your body too. You’ll be happier and perform better in every part of your life!
- RESULTS-driven and conscious of time versus expenses and how you use your time. Specifically, if you can find a solution for a problem that costs less time + money than your time
- Clearly understand what DONE means. That means it’s finished, quality-controlled, delivered, the client or Jorge knows it’s done and has responded as being “received and accepted.” Sending an email with a link doesn’t mean DONE.
- Know how to “think” and make pragmatic decisions. If you’re an order-taker who needs things “just so” and in a linear order, and need constant direction or supervision, this is NOT the right job for you. You’ve got to be an improviser and problem-solver.
- Are responsible - shows up and keeps me informed CONSTANTLY of results.
- Must be willing to keep their eyes on his business on weekends (in the event of emergencies or customer service issues).
- He’s absolutely dedicated and committed to learning new skills and constantly wants to improve their life (bonus if you’ve studied or attended Tony Robbins events, are a graduate of Landmark Forum or a similar personal growth course).
- You absolutely, positively MUST NOT BE A FLAKE. If you EVER just disappear without telling me first or without an explanation or simply don’t show up without informing me, it will immediately terminate our relationship.
- Good news is best. Bad news is fine. No news is NEVER OK. He needs to know what’s going on. You pick up the phone and CALL HIM if something important is happening and continue doing so until the problem is done.
- Consistency. Consistent behavior, consistent performance is very important to Jorge. Your ability to create workflows and schedule yourself to perform specific consistent tasks consistently is critical to our success.
- Replication. Your value to me increases substantially when you identify things that can be done by someone else for less, be able to create a documented workflow and find someone to accomplish those tasks so you can work on other tasks and projects that are more important, more critical and have higher value. Your ability to “work yourself out of one job and into another” will affect our long-term relationship and your income. Specifically, he want you to find people to do your job better than you for less money so he can get more done! He’ll always find more stuff for you to do – and when you make me more productive, you’ll make more income. Everyone wins.
- Detail-oriented and note-taker. You ABSOLUTELY are a note-taker. If you find yourself asking the same question more than once or can’t find your notes, you’re not the right person for this job and won’t last for a day.
- Relationship-driven. EVERYTHING he does, ultimately, is about relationships and reputation. Over time, you’ll learn and “meet” his connections, contacts and people he does business with. He’ll often ask you to follow up with someone he has been doing business with for a few years, look through prior emails so you understand the context of that relationship and you’ll be able to respond intelligently. This will save an enormous amount of time.
- Availability by mobile text or phone from 6am PST – 9:00 pm PST and weekends.
- He launches 3-4 products and up to 3 books per year. He needs someone who can think on their feet and keep him organized and reduce chaos. You’re his #1 filter for the outside world.
- Although he’s a very compassionate and empathic person, he needs to make decisions based on facts, history, research, results and THEN feelings. What we think doesn’t matter – what the FACTS are do! So you need to be able to gather facts, data, research and present “uncolored” and “unfiltered” information to me.
Jorge’s Work Style:
- He produces a tremendous amount of content and products and tends to leave a wake behind him. He appears chaotic due to the fact that there are many things going on at once. His is good at "dumping" lots of tasks on someone and he has a "hands off" approach to management. He in fact, is a terrible manager – but is very specific about what he wants and is completely results-focused.
- He’ll tell you EXACTLY what he thinks and how he’s feeling – so you won’t get any sugar-coating or BS from Jorge. If you can’t deal with the truth in a very direct way, your feelings get hurt easily or you cry easily, this position isn’t for you.
Business Skills And Helpful Areas of Knowledge that Will Increase Your Value:
- TYPE FAST (65 words or better)
- Basic Accounting/Bookkeeping
- Affiliate Marketing
- Graphic Design and Production
- Teleseminars, Webinars & Livestream Events
- Management Consulting
- Personal and Business Coaching
- Personal Development
- Publicity / PR
- Publishing / Authors
- Research and Development
- Video / Television Production
- Web Development and Internet
Other Helpful Skills and Areas of Knowledge:
- He is always looking for qualified talent: camera and voice talent, editors, writers, designers, web developers, etc. Ideally, you can quickly write job descriptions, post them on CraigsList, etc., "sniff out" quality people and give them tasks to execute.
1.Fill out the online application: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/jorgeapplication then please:
2.Email via the link provided and include a Copy of Your Resume/CV, Cover Letter and Salary History
Questions He’ll Ask You as a Candidate:
- Looking back at your last two positions, what were the most significant results you feel you brought to the team and how did you measure your success?
- Describe the types of high-value clients or customers you’ve worked with in the past and how did you go about making them feel cared for and valued?
- Describe how you document your work, systems, process or workflow. What software, systems, resources or strategies have you used in the past?
- How would you describe your work style? How do you prioritize your tasks and manage overwhelm?
- What kinds of project management software have you used in the past? When do you know a project or task is fully completed? How do you determine whether or not something you are doing is at an appropriate quality?
- Have you managed video or television production in the past? What shows, what type, what kinds of clients or customers participated and what did you do?
- Describe your worst boss you’ve ever had and why he or she was so horrible.
- Describe your best boss you’ve ever had and why he or she was so great.
- If you could start your career over again, what would you do differently?
- Where do you see yourself in 3 or 5 years? What would you be doing that you feel would be really satisfying personally and professionally?
Thank you so much for your time, we look forward to hearing from you!
Jorge Cruise & Team