Associate Director, Sales
The DK Sales team is seeking an Associate Director responsible for maximizing sales growth and assisting in the day to day of the sales organization. This position will oversee the retail channel that sells to B&N and BAM and is responsible for managing two direct reports. This highly visible and fast paced role will be responsible for aiding the VP of Sales in all aspects of the division inclusive of but not limited to working closely with the team to develop growth strategy, facilitating the estimating and forecasting processes. This role would be asked to attend meetings to represent sales and work closely with publishing to shape the US list.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Maximizing sales growth within the established account base by strategizing and partnering with the VP and sales team
* Assisting in the development of account strategies and sales reporting, as well as offering input into publishing programs.
* Running and analyzing daily, weekly, monthly, etc. sales reports to manage account inventory levels and identify opportunities for growth.
* Communicating all pertinent account-specific information as it relates to appropriate imprints.
* Attending and participating at meetings with internal departments (including editorial, marketing, operations, etc).
Please apply if you meet the following qualifications:
* Minimum of 5 years prior publishing sales or related publishing experience; direct selling experience a plus
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent product knowledge and understanding of publishing functions
* Superb presentation skills
* Highly organized, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
* Strong analytical skills including the ability to create and run reports, analyze data, and communicate key findings/opportunities
* Proactive and able to problem solve and adapt within a rapidly evolving environment
* Must be a self-starter and self-motivated, but with the ability and willingness to work in a team environment
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and GooglePenguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.