Assignment Desk Editor
- Full Time
Launched on July 17th 2013, i24NEWS is the international TV news channel, part of ALTICE MEDIA Group, broadcasting 24/7 from the heart of the Middle East in Tel Aviv, Israel and in New York City, in 3 languages: English, French and Arabic. i24NEWS uses state-of-art technologies reaching its global audience on the web and in all kinds of communication devices, including smartphones, internet, tablets, twitter and facebook. The channel reports on politics, defense, international affairs, economics, sport, technology, art, music, cinematography, fashion, style and much more. Diverse programming genre, such as news shows, analysis of experts, talk shows, magazines, public affairs broadcasting etc. provides an open and updated news reporting. Mission & Values i24NEWS mission is to cover the latest international news from a new perspective.
i24NEWS is looking for the right New York based individual to coordinate the gathering of news, the generation of story ideas, the scheduling and assignment of coverage, and the delivery of news material to the production team for all i24NEWS services in the U.S. and in conjunction with our global headquarters in Tel Aviv, Israel. The ideal candidate will work with news management, producers and reporters to plan well-rounded international and domestic news coverage. Maintain extensive working files of possible stories, background information and news sources. Gather information about news as it develops and communicate it effectively and accurately to the production team and bureaus in Washington, Los Angeles, and Tel Aviv. Schedule and order facilities including satellite time. Assign and coordinate the distribution of newsgathering equipment. Work accurately under pressure. Dispatch news crews, maintain schedule logs, deal with telephone story tips, read newswires and e-mail, and stay in contact with sources in order to stay up to date with breaking news. Learn to operate unmanned camera equipment and be expected to produce content, cut segments, and compile highlights of newshours to be aired on the weekend. The individual will also work closely with our new partners including News 12 and Cheddar in the coordination of content to be shared.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Communications preferred, Master’s degree is a plus
- Minimum of 4 years of journalism experience
- Must have a commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy with an enthusiasm for journalism
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with general knowledge and interest in local, national and world news
- Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills are preferred
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.