- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 The Bronx/Brooklyn is looking for a Weather Forecaster/Multi-Media Journalist to provide content across linear & digital platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful to news consumers.
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for communicating weather & news information through strong storytelling using video, sound, and graphics. Proficiency in weather analysis and forecasting is expected.
The ideal candidate will also generate story ideas, develop sources, produce, and present stories. Must be able to shoot, write, and edit clearly & creatively. Respond to breaking weather and news as required.
Ensure all content meets News 12 Network standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Bachelor's degree in Meteorology or Atmospheric Science preferred, Master’s degree is a plus
- Two years of operational forecasting experience preferred
- Experience with TV weather graphics and production
- Knowledge of libel laws and ethical foundations of journalism
- Excellent news writing ability for all platforms including social media
- Proficiency in current and emerging newsgathering and production technologies
- Ability to think quickly and respond appropriately in high pressure situations
- Ability to work independently in a multi-media environment
- Ability to edit on non-linear systems (i.e. Adobe Premiere)
- Ability to lift, carry, and maneuver up to 40lbs.
- Ability to work inside a climate-controlled office/studio environment and outside in all weather conditions including extremes in hot & cold temperatures, wet or humid conditions
- Flexibility to work any assigned shift
- Online demos required
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.