Creative Services Director
- Full Time
WGAL-TV, the Hearst Television-owned NBC affiliate in Lancaster, PA is seeking a highly motivated Creative Services Director. The successful candidate will be someone who can shoot, write, edit and be able to work inside Adobe Creative Suite efficiently and effectively. This person must be able to manage numerous projects simultaneously while elevating the look and feel of our legacy brand. This person will also be a key player in helping develop and produce targeted, research-driven promotional campaigns that connect with our viewers across all platforms.
• Manage production of compelling image, sweeps and special event campaigns for all platforms.
• Schedule staff station promotional events.
• Responsible for the execution of station promotion for on-air and digital.
• Supervise creative team in brand, image and daily topical promotion.
• Produce on and off-air promotions
• Special projects coordination & fulfillment.
• Produce effective news & programming promotion.
• Produce & post targeted social media marketing.
• Manage inventory for daily on-air logs as directed and as needed.
• Attend outside community functions or meetings.
• Identify and implement strategies for increasing station brand awareness and resonance.
• Execute on-point television and digital promotion.
• A minimum of 5 years in station marketing/promotion/brand management.
• Related military experience will be considered
• Wide Orbit and ENPS experience is a plus
• Must have a winning attitude and a commitment to excellence and quality promotion
• Must have proven skills of collaborating with News staff and station personnel.
• Must be highly creative, a compelling writer and be able to use research to meet station goals of growing an audience.
• Non-linear editing required; efficient in Adobe Creative Suite or similar application
• Creative writing and conceptualization; able to craft compelling messages based on station research.
• Excellent verbal communication & strong writing skills
• Detailed oriented & organized
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
• Graphic Skills preferred
• Valid driver’s license (hire is contingent on good driving record)
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field
• Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) will be considered