Client Services Manager
- Full Time
Northstar Travel Group is seeking a highly motivated and sales-oriented Client Services Manager join our Meetings Group. This junior-level position is a great opportunity for candidates who want to build their sales or marketing career, while gaining exposure and insight into the workings of B2B media sales.
The ideal candidate will have experience in client services or a busy sales support role. Requirements include stellar organizational skills, enthusiasm and proactivity, and a customer service mindset. This person will learn the business from a team with extensive experience and be part of our fast-paced and continued growth. This role will support the sales team by executing RFP’s, creating contracts, managing calendars, and traffic materials.
This position is based in our office in Secaucus, NJ.
- Maintain and act on a client services tactical plan weekly (and daily), focused on highest priority accounts and activities, coordinated with the BDDs
- Communicate directly with clients and prospects (and their agencies), both for servicing current business and assisting in the prospecting of new business, to include:
- Preparing and distributing presentations
- Responding to and preparing and distributing proposals
- Working with sales administration and digital production in compiling and distributing performance reports on both a regular and on an as-needed basis
- Responding to ad-hoc inquiries, especially as it relates to Tier 2/Tier 3 accounts. When the BDDs are unavailable, all clients and prospects should soon know that the client services manager is available to help them.
- Maintaining the reservation calendars for all ad units
- Providing campaign calendars to clients including spec detail, due dates, and production contacts where needed.
- Coordinating with Director, Production & Administration, BDDs and sales administration for PTO and absences to ensure all client services are covered while unavailable.
- Liaise with sales administration to ensure all needs regarding client campaigns, campaign pacing and available inventory on applicable digital products are met
- Ability to communicate in a digital space, working closely with production and clients to implement and troubleshoot as needed
- Perform other related activities as required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A high level of proficiency is required in the following areas:
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Prompt, deadline-oriented, someone who aims to please
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – someone who is comfortable working on the phone and via email, communicating professionally
- An orientation to win and out-perform expectations
- Computer experience with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook), Netsuite or a similar customer relationship management software, and accounting and billing software.
- Team player who is able to develop and foster productive relationships
- Ability to operate effectively and efficiently in an often fast paced environment
Related work Experience:
- Previous experience in client services or a busy support role.Candidate with media/advertising experience preferred.
- Aptitude and interest in a long-term career in sales and/or marketing strongly preferred.
We offer a competitive compensation package, strong benefits and a dynamic and exciting culture. Check out what our employees have to say: http://www.northstartravelgroup.com/about-us/join-the-team.
Northstar Travel Group is an equal opportunity employer.