- Full Time
ASME (The American Society of Mechanical Engineers) is a world-renowned, member-based professional organization focused on serving the technical, educational and other programmatic needs of the engineering and technology communities on a worldwide basis. ASME generates approximately $115 million annually from the sale of products and services and provides a wide range of mission focused programs and activities.
We currently have an outstanding opportunity for a Visual Designer to join the Design & Brand Experience team in our New York office.
We’re looking to grow our team with highly motivated and energetic people who have the right balance of skills and personality that will provide a strong visual impact that supports ASME business goals, user goals, and the ASME brand.
At ASME, a Visual Designer is responsible for maintaining the ASME Brand Guidelines across all marketing materials and evolving the look and feel of ASME.org visual designs produced by the Design & Brand Experience team.
On a daily basis, the Visual Designer will solve the graphics problems of design layout and convey messages with the appropriate tone and impact. This individual will frequently develop and produce visual design systems that would include print and digital campaigns, landing page comps, icons, infographics, animation, video, interactive modules, etc. with proficiency in creating strong design concepts, showcasing exceptional typography, color, and composition abilities.
Ideal candidate must have 3+ years of creative and production experience producing multi-faceted digital and print projects that include visual identity campaigns, email templates, interactive media, social media promotions, web banners and other branded content assets.
In addition, candidate should have:
• High level of comfort working in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency in creating strong design concepts, typography, color, layout, scaling, paper, and printing processes
• Exceptional Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud Suite skillset (emphasis on Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and After Effects) as well as knowledge of HTML/CSS, Microsoft Products: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Strong knowledge of design, creative processes and digital best practices
• A high standard of excellence with a keen eye for detail with an ability to take the initiative to create a quality product
• Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work with team members
• An understanding of responsive design and experience designing for mobile applications is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. ASME takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.