Senior.Net Full Stack Developer
- Full Time
The American Nurses Association (ANA) is the premier organization representing the interests of the nation's 4 million registered nurses. ANA advances the nursing profession by fostering high standards of nursing practice, promoting a safe and ethical work environment, bolstering the health and wellness of nurses, and advocating on health care issues that affect nurses and the public. ANA is at the forefront of improving the quality of health care for all.
The Senior .Net Full Stack Developer will be performing application development for a complex web and backend application environment. He or she will work in/with web-based software development teams in the creation of new web products, design of web apps, monitor and maintain production environments, and stay up to date on web development technologies and Software methodologies. The Senior .Net Full Stack Developer collaborates with a team of internal professionals and external service providers operating, supporting, creating and developing technologies and content to meet the needs of the enterprise.
1. Develop best in class interactive web application systems in a collaborative and creative environment focused on adding value to our customers and members.
2. Support a large portfolio of web application development project requests as well as work with Business Analysts and Project Managers/Coordinators and other Developers to ensure projects are completed successfully and on time.
3. Participate in code-reviews, product demonstrations, brown-bags, to ensure that we foster an atmosphere of growth and collaboration.
4. Deliver technical specifications for major initiatives related to creating or updating web properties such as portals, including defining scope, setting back-end requirements, determining any integration issues and specifications, defining affected related systems, and assigning deadlines & deliverables.
5. Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site. Suggest new technology and plug ins.
6. Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
· 7+ years progressive experience in Web development techniques across multiple web-enabled devices like Desktop, mobile and tablet, including techniques like responsive/adaptive web development.
- Expert Level experience on C#, ASP.NET Framework/Core. Expert Level Experience in Entity Framework
· Expert level knowledge working in a RESTful API driven product.
· Expert level knowledge of software design patterns and Architectural patterns like MVC, MVVM and MVM.
· Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD)
· Experience working with various repositories (TFS, GitHub), branching, merging and releasing hot fixes.
· Excellent troubleshooter. Able to take a problem and own it, breaking the issue down, asking for the right help as required and ultimately find a resolution.
· Excellent organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to multitask and manage time efficiently. Must be able to self-manage as well as work and collaborate with cross-functional groups.
ANA’s state of the art office is located in the heart of beautiful downtown Silver Spring, Maryland, just blocks from the Metro and a wide range of restaurants and shops. ANA offers competitive salaries, a flexible work schedule and great benefits that include the following and many more:
• Attractive benefit plan for Health, Dental, Vision, RX
• 15 days accrued PTO, 3 personal days and Christmas week off (paid)
• 9 paid holidays, birthday holiday, and 12 sick days
• Excellent matching 401K plan
• Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
• Flexible Spending Accounts