Web Technologies Manager
- Full Time
The American Nurses Association (ANA) is the premier organization representing the interests of the nation's 4 million registered nurses. ANA advances the nursing profession by fostering high standards of nursing practice, promoting a safe and ethical work environment bolstering the health and wellness of nurses, and advocating on healthcare issues that affect nurses and the public. ANA is at the forefront of improving the quality of health care for all.
Responsible for leading a team that designs, develops, implements, and maintains Web sites and Web-based applications, including the domestic and international Internet and Intranet sites. Accountable for the overall structure, functionality, security, and performance of the Web sites and Web-based systems. Oversees full life-cycle development of system and software projects in an SOP-driven environment. Facilitates UX design process on multiple projects working with various staff such as subject matter experts, IT personnel, and end-users. Possesses knowledge and hands-on experience in software project management, including project planning and documentation; requirements-gathering; level of effort estimating; risk mitigation; design and development; configuration management; software testing; and roll-out strategies. Oversees both internal and external development teams.
- Manage, lead and mentor web designers and oversee operations of the Association’s portfolio of web domains, sites and technologies including support, enhancement and creation of capabilities to meet SLA’s. Manage UX expectations for all stakeholders, including the project end-users throughout the development cycle. Guide staff in the design of user interfaces applying UX best practices and Human Computer Interaction (HCI) methodologies. Responsible for building a cohesive framework back end capability to support Association current and future business needs. Collaborates with stakeholders to vision opportunities for the Association to better utilize our web presence and related technologies to improve Association capabilities. Identify and address project challenges by providing creative and innovative solutions. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Web Technology or related field required or an equivalent amount of experience may substitute.
Related Work Experience
10+ years of experience in graphic design, user experience, human and computer interactions, or related course work.
Experience must include:
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in interaction design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
· Experience on analytic tools like Azure AppInsights, HubSpot, Google Analytics; Crazy Egg and working with Agile teams.
· Four or more years of User-Centered Design experience on all major media platforms (web, mobile, and desktop).
· Ability to create wireframes, design mock-ups, and interactive prototypes using Balsamiq, Axure RP, Adobe XD, Photoshop, InvisionApp, or other available design tools.
· Experience with EPI CMS, HTML, Bootstrap, Flex, CSS, JS.
· Demonstrated experience leading web project lifecycle in-house or at an agency.
· Experience conducting user research and creating user journeys and use case scenarios.
· 3+ years of relevant people management experience required.
· 3+ years of experience managing a budget, preferably exceeding $250,000.
ANA’s state of the art office is located in the heart of beautiful downtown Silver Spring, Maryland, just blocks from the Metro and a wide range of restaurants and shops. ANA offers competitive salaries, a flexible work schedule and great benefits that include the following and many more:
• Attractive benefit plan for Health, Dental, Vision, RX
• 15 days accrued PTO, 3 personal days and Christmas week off (paid)
• 9 paid holidays, birthday holiday, and 12 sick days
• Excellent matching 401K plan
• Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
• Flexible Spending Accounts