Audience Development Intern
AFAR Media, the fastest-growing experiential travel media company, is looking for a Fall 2019 Audience Development Intern to support our efforts to increase our audience size, improve user engagement, and improve our newsletters and social presence. This position will offer the opportunity to learn all aspects of digital content planning, production and optimization. The work will focus on the foundational elements of the building blocks of audience growth – search engine optimization, email and social media.
The ideal candidate possesses a strong attention to detail, an interest in correlating data to editorial recommendations, is eager to learn the business of growing a digital audience and can also readily assist with day-to-day operations. The internship is based in our New York City office with AFAR’s Audience Development team and is unpaid; the intern will receive academic credit.
- Pull insights on our audience demographics and which content resonate best with our audience from a variety of channels – email, search, newsletter, and news apps.
- Help to manage email promotion schedule.
- Help manage our presence on LinkedIn, Pinterest and Twitter.
- Learn the basics of search engine optimization by supporting our editorial team with keywords and recommendations.
- Conduct competitive analyses on everything from traffic stats to email best practices.
- Support our affiliate marketing program by pulling trends from our traffic and conversion data.
- Help identify our top-performing content.
- Research growth tactics used by other digital brands in the travel space and beyond.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with digital platforms, especially mobile preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a small team.
- An attention to detail and a concern for accuracy.
- HTML and Web Analytics experience a plus, but not required.
- A love of travel and curiosity about the world.