Marketing & Communications Associate
- Full Time
About FUSE Corps
FUSE is a national nonprofit that partners with local government to help urban communities thrive. We work with cities on a range of issues, including economic and workforce development, healthcare, public safety, climate change, and education.
Our approach centers around an executive fellowship program. We co-design ambitious yet achievable year-long projects with government partners, recruit experienced leaders to take on those challenges, and provide the support and learning opportunities to meet the community’s needs.
By helping to craft new policy, roll out new public services, and improve existing programs, we allow governments to work better for the people they serve.
Since FUSE was founded in the San Francisco Bay Area five years ago, it has grown quickly in response to mounting demand from cities across the country. We have placed 150 fellows in over a dozen communities across the country, and are widely communicating the impact of their work.
FUSE is at an exciting stage in its organizational development. In addition to expanding the size and geographic diversity of our fellowship program, we are embracing the communications function as a core strategy for achieving impact. To that end, we are increasingly focused on distilling and sharing the insights and learnings of our city partners and fellows in order to inspire city leaders to reimagine how to take on their challenges. FUSE recognizes that, to effect widespread systemic change, we can share stories of innovative best practices, and use thought-leadership to help build momentum around a growing movement of leaders who are reinventing government.
To help us realize this goal, FUSE is seeking to hire a skilled, self-motivated marketing and communications associate who will report directly to the Director of Impact Communications. Charged with helping to support the organization’s marketing and communications function, the associate will create social media content following brand guidelines for all FUSE social media channels; produce and execute successful marketing campaigns; help create collateral to support partnership and recruiting efforts; track analytics and adjust strategy accordingly; create content for a regularly published newsletter; support the collection and synthesis of reports, data, and evidence related to published articles, blogs, videos, and podcasts; and keep FUSE current on communications, marketing and social media best practices, platforms and tools to inform our digital strategy.
This multi-talented team player will also help support the production of a regular drumbeat of published content through research, writing, and multimedia content development.
What You Will Do
- Work with the Director of Impact Communications to support creating content on multiple platforms.
- Build FUSE's social media following through creative campaigns, and manage day-to-day execution, monitor performance and reporting.
- Create written and visual content and creative assets for marketing campaigns, including all social media channels, collateral, newsletter, website, blog, etc.
- Support development and management of all digital channels.
- Recommend and execute marketing strategies, including SEO, A/B testing, and adwords marketing, to meet organizational objectives.
- Assist with production of marketing plans/programs, including collaboration with internal stakeholders and vendor partners.
- Implement integrated marketing communications and brand strategy across a variety of channels.
- Support production of marketing materials from inception to deployment.
- Coordinate vendor contracting and invoicing.
- Maintain communications database of contacts, stories, contracts, etc.
What You Will Bring
- Deep experience in building a social media following, and current best practices in social media platforms, engagement analytics tools, and integrated marketing campaigns.
- Experience in using email marketing software, specifically MailChimp, managing marketing lists, and growing newsletter following.
- Experience with digital marketing and data analysis, including paid social media campaigns.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient in Wordpress, Salesforce, Dropbox, and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while paying close attention to details.
- Proficient in creative media tools such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Final Cut Pro.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Pro-active, self-motivated problem solver.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment with small, cohesive team.
Please go to www. fusecorps.org/about, and click on FUSE jobs to submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter.
FUSE Corps is an equal opportunity employer with a core value of incorporating diverse perspectives into our work at every level. We strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this position.