CNBC is seeking an enthusiastic Associate Producer to join our growing digital video team. The AP will be a talented shooter and creative editor, have a passion for visual storytelling and business news, and thrive in a fast-paced news environment. The role includes pitching, creating and owning smart original projects, and working with other reporters and producers on their stories as well.
The ideal candidate is a self-starting idea-generator who can capture footage and interviews from the field and produce strong journalism from his/her desk, using text, graphics, and third-party footage to build engaging segments.
Editorial judgment, writing and editing experience are paramount. The AP will be collaborating with reporters, producers and senior producers to craft sharp scripts and video content on tight deadlines. The ideal applicant has prior experience editing videos for a digital news organization. They will be a master of Adobe Premiere and Photoshop. Knowledge of After Effects is a plus.
Candidates with a passion to explore and understand the world around them with a keen eye on stories that fit the CNBC brand will be successful in this role.
Here are some examples of videos the producers will be creating:Empires:
Why Americans Love Taco Bellhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eQ2Dry2R_8
How Kmart Went From Beating Walmart And Target To Bankruptcyhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5YBsoZZr8U Lost In Translation:
Why Ford And Other American Cars Don’t Sell In Japanhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9FELWSDYPk
Why McDonald’s Flopped In Vietnamhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9pthhpd7So Other:
Why Is Costco Opening Its Own Chicken Farm?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSvCK_xH84s
• At least 1 years of experience with all aspects of digital video production including shooting, editing, lighting, and scripting
• Strong knowledge of current events and business news
• The ability to pitch compelling story ideas within a series
• Mastery of DSLR cameras (Canon, Sony, Panasonic), Adobe Premiere, and other industry standard equipment and tools
• Demonstrated knowledge of multimedia storytelling and working knowledge of online publishing systems
• Ability to edit deep-dive explainers using social best practices targeting YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and related platforms
• Solid scriptwriting ability and punchy copy writing/video annotation skills a must
• Demonstrable organizational and time management skills and working well under deadline pressure
• Highly collaborative and creative attitude
• A sample of the candidate's work will be required *please provide links when applying*
• Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours and travel
• Must be able to lift, carry and transport production equipment on a regular basis
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ-perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, food trucks, and more!
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.