Manager, Ad Integration Projects and Scrum
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Ad Product and Integrations team owns advertising features and requirements at scale across NBCU’s websites, apps, and distributed content. We are subject matter experts for existing ad products and processes, and build stories around emerging ad technology and requirements for integration into our digital footprint. We analyze the needs of the business, and collaborate with brand leads, developers, and other stakeholders to ensure premium quality, ad-supported environments are available for NBCU’s viewers.
The Sales Solutions PMO oversees strategic projects and programs that support business priorities for NBCU’s Ad Sales organization.
Core Responsibilities include:
• Understand and work with the team to build out business objectives, scope, stakeholders, and cross-portfolio impacts of ad integration and feature requests
• Develop detailed project plans as necessary, and monitor/track progress throughout project life cycle
• Evaluate incoming business requests to the AP&I team for quality and clarity, while gathering all details necessary for review and acceptance
• Manage project queues for ad product and platform enhancements to ensure accuracy and progress
• Analyze resource capacity and performance metrics to accurately schedule ad product enhancements into short and long term roadmaps
• Standardize and optimize project plan toolsets, workflows, and processes for the ad integration squads.
Ensure proper and effective use of scrum methodologies are upheld.
• Identify project risks and deploy mitigation strategies to ensure successful project execution
• Provide timely and detailed project status updates, highlighting any risks or considerations, to executive management
• Identify opportunities to build and leverage best practices, processes, and relationships across teams
• Mentor, guide, and train members of the scrum team
• Represent the AP&I team while issues are triaged, and while broad company initiatives are scoped
• 5+ years of experience working in the digital media space, including experience with a premium publisher or ad tech company
• 4+ years of experience working in a Scrum Master role
• Experience with ad serving technologies including FreeWheel, DFP/Google Ad Manager, and programmatic marketplaces.
• Deep knowledge of the digital advertising landscape
• Strong technical background, including understanding of streaming video and web/app design
• Deep knowledge of agile development practices and JIRA (or similar project management tool)
• Proven ability to work with developers and engineers
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple tasks & projects in a fast–paced environment
• Energetic self-starter with a positive attitude who enjoys thinking critically to solve problems
• Strong organizational and leadership skills
• Agile / Scrum Certified
Additional skill requirements:
• An attention to detail while reviewing project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project requirements
• The ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts for a variety of audiences
• Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles and negotiate resolutions to complex problems
• Ability to organize meetings including creating pertinent agendas, managing conversations, and summarizing the results into a set of decisions made and next steps
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, New York
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• You like our content and are passionate about our brands.
• You are interested in building relationships with co-workers and stakeholders to create a collaborative and optimistic workplace
• You are interested in media and advertising industry publications have the ability to translate new trends for stakeholders, helping to keep NBCU Ad Tech at the forefront of digital advertising
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.