- Full Time
HarperCollins Children’s Books, one of the leading publishers of children’s and teen books, is currently seeking a Publicist to join the publicity team. The Publicist will work on a wide variety of bestselling titles across all imprints. The ideal candidate is creative, energetic, and has a positive attitude.
- Plans and executes all author appearances including multi-city book tours, local appearances, and special events.
- Secures national and local media, including broadcast, print, and online outlets.
- Arranges all travel for assigned authors and creates tour schedules.
- Writes press releases, pitch letters, and other promotional materials relating to an event/tour.
- Briefs authors on media interviews, develops media contacts, and accompanies authors on interviews.
- Attends several festivals and conventions a year.
- Works closely with the publicity team as well as authors, agents, editors, marketing team and sales team.
- Minimum 3-4 years of publicity experience required
- Experience in Children’s publishing is a plus
- Proven ability to generate creative angles and pitches
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication skills, including exceptional writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
A college degree or equivalent experienceHarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.