Digital Content & Strategy Lead, American Masters
- Full Time
AMERICAN MASTERS is looking for a Digital Content & Strategy Lead to define and evolve content initiatives across multiple platforms and formats to increase audience interest, engagement, retention and excitement for the stories of AMERICAN MASTERS. This is a newly created role and the ideal candidate will, like AMERICAN MASTERS audiences, share a passion for well crafted, impactful stories about the people who have changed us.
If you are an experienced content creator who thinks about the audience-first - the topics and experiences engage them best across digital platforms - with a commitment to constantly test, measure and try new approaches, we want to talk to you.
The Digital Content & Strategy Lead is responsible for defining the digital content, production and multi-platform distribution strategy ultimately driving community engagement and audience growth with the next generation of AMERICAN MASTERS fans. This includes developing the yearly editorial and product plan, expanding the content and distribution pipeline, and overseeing original content development with both internal and external producers and partners. The positon is embedded within the AMERICAN MASTERS team and works closely with teams across WNET. Specific responsibilities include:
• Working closely with the AMERICAN MASTERS Executive Producer, develop long-term digital content, product and engagement strategy including:
- Identifying and telling stories that have meaning and relevance to new audiences
- Expanding digital storytelling approaches
- Increasing content production output
- Optimizing content production channels and publishing strategies
- Building audience reach and expand community engagement
• Oversight of series digital channels and platforms including but not limited to series website, landing pages, live, streaming, etc.;
• Develop and maintain overall look, feel, tone, voice and accuracy of all digital content;
• Create and execute content plans to provide strategic direction for video, graphic and other digital content creation by working with AMERICAN MASTERS producers, other WNET teams, and external partners;
• Establish key KPI goals by platform and drive content strategy optimization by tracking, measuring, and reporting ;
• Help to identify opportunities for partnerships (content, distribution, sharing), sponsorships, and new digital revenue opportunities;
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• A minimum of 5 years digital content production experience including managing a small team;
• Experience developing/producing/distributing original digital video productions;
• Experience developing and managing content and distribution partnerships;
• Ability to develop relatable stories across engagement platforms;
• Experience working in matrixed content production and product development environments with a combination of internal and external content, production, design, product and technical support partners;
• Experience making data-informed content decisions in response to audience feedback;
• Detail oriented, thrives under pressure and able to meet tight deadlines;
• BA/BS or equivalent experience; film studies, media arts, production or journalism related fields preferred.
Candidates with podcast development and production experience desired. The ideal candidate has a true passion for the arts, is highly motivated, self-driven and excited to expand AMERICAN MASTERS’ digital presence.
Apply online at www.wnet.org/careers.
WNET New York Public Media
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019
WNET is an equal employment opportunity employer. WNET does not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.