Managing Editorial Assistant - Avery, TarcherPerigee and Berkley
Posted: 8/12/2019 | Expires: 9/11/2019
Location: New York, New York
Function: Writing & Editing
Specialty: Editor / Editorial
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Penguin Random House is seeking a Managing Editorial Assistant! This role will directly support two Managing Editors and the Managing Editorial department with coordinating and monitoring the production process of new titles for the Avery, TarcherPerigee and Berkley imprints. This position is an exciting opportunity to get an overview of the entire publishing process, and to work with various departments in a fast-paced publishing house.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Coordinating the schedules for book jackets and jacket copy, and reviewing and routing these materials to other departments for approval.
* Setting up and maintaining title metadata in SAP and File Maker Pro.
* Disseminating up-to-date information regarding the production schedules, on-sale dates, and prices for frontlist titles.
* Acting as a point person for internal departments, including Editorial, Copyediting, Design, Art, and Production.
* Supporting bound galley coordination and production.
* Maintaining reprint text/jacket corrections to the imprint’s backlist books.
* Providing general administrative support to the Managing Editorial department, including routing incoming and outgoing materials, pulling key informational grids, tracking project deadlines, etc.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Excellent communication skills, including a strong ability to interact with employees across various departments
* Superb organizational and time management skills
* Outstanding ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Knowledge of SAP (or other content management software) a plus
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.