Sr. Project Manager, Sky International
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Assist the project working team in defining the project scope, requirements, and tasksLead a cross functional project team, coordinating between internal resources and third party vendors as neededDevelop a detailed project plan and monitor/track progress throughout the project life cycleIdentify project risks and multiple mitigation strategies to ensure successful project executionOversee the successful transition from project launch to ongoing operational support (i.e. transition management back to the business)Program management of large scale Ad Sales strategic initiatives Qualify the in-take of new requirements, partnering with the requesting business unit to detail scope, requirements, tasks, and timelinesAssist the PMO with tracking and managing an active queue of projects, working directly with the core working group team to assess project performance, monitor risk, and track scope & identify scope creepProvide input to help maintain the Sales Solutions roadmaps for the strategic initiativeIdentify opportunities to build and leverage best practices, processes, and relationships across the teamsOversee the project close-out and launch communication process, partnering with the project team to communicate effectively to the business once an initiative is complete
The Senior Project Manager is a member of the Sales Solutions PMO team, overseeing strategic projects and programs that support business priorities for NBCU’s Ad Sales organization. The Senior PM is primarily responsible for overseeing and executing on medium-large sized projects that span across many business units within NBCU, including the NBCU Networks (Entertainment, News, and Sports), Ad Sales, and Corporate & Distribution. An understanding of the digital landscape is a must, including TV Everywhere, Social Platforms, Ad Serving Platforms, and Data. The types of projects supported by the PMO include Program Management for tentpole events (e.g. Olympics, World Cup, etc.), Partnership/Distribution PM Oversight, Strategic Ad Platform Initiatives, and Network Product launches. This role reports to the Senior Program Director of the Sales Solutions PMO.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
• Minimum six (6) years’ experience in a Project Management role with a proven history of increasing responsibility and scope
• Digital media experience is a must. Our PM must be ready to hit the ground running!
• Talent to motivate and influence stakeholders and team members to drive the project forward
• Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple tasks & projects in a fast–paced environment
• Proven ability to work on tight deadlines and deliver quality results
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency in MS Project, Visio, Power Point, Excel and Word
• Excellent customer service skills
• Experience in, or exposure to Linear TV a plus
Additional skill requirements:
• Experience working directly in digital media, as it relates to display, video, mobile, audience and inventory platforms
• An attention to detail while reviewing project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project requirements
• The ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts for a variety of audiences
• Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles and negotiate resolutions to complex problems
• Ability to organize meetings including creating pertinent agendas, managing conversations, and summarizing the results into a set of decisions made and next steps
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.