- Full Time
Be a part of our mission to cure pancreatic cancer. As the world’s largest private funder of pancreatic cancer research, the Lustgarten Foundation works tirelessly to improve patient outcomes through funding the very best research. We are dedicated to our mission and pride ourselves on having a positive and friendly work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and offer competitive salaries with excellent benefits including group insurance and a 401(k) plan.
Overview of Role:
Based in Woodbury, N.Y., the Lustgarten Foundation’s mission is to cure pancreatic cancer by funding scientific and clinical research related to the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of pancreatic cancer; providing research information and clinical support services to patients, caregivers and individuals at high risk; and increasing public awareness and hope for those dealing with this disease.
We are looking for a tech-savvy, energetic and motivated individual with a passion for writing across various channels and an interest in health/science to join our Marketing & Communications team. The Content Writer will work with the Communications Manager and Social Media & PR Manager to implement the national marketing and communications plan to promote and enhance the Foundation’s brand, expand its presence nationally, and help grow its annual fundraising budget.
- In conjunction with the Web Developer, spearhead the weekly blog series, including developing ideas and generating content that will enhance the website and improve SEO
- Conduct daily media monitoring to identify and disseminate articles of interest to constituents
- Develop blogs, website content, emails, and social media posts based on breaking news about the Foundation, the pancreatic cancer landscape, or other research/fundraising milestones
- Liaise with event and walk leaders, patients, survivors, donors, select clinicians, and Lustgarten Foundation leadership to secure quotes and inspirational stories to use for website/blog content
- Assist with the development of the bi-annual print newsletter and monthly e-newsletter and other donor and patient-focused materials as needed
- Conduct research and develop documents targeted at various audiences to support Social Media & PR Manager and Communications Manager (including key message points, social media manual, letters, other documents as needed to support development and events staff)
- Conduct other marketing duties as needed in support of the Marketing & Communications team’s objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or related field
- Minimum two years of experience in crafting content for social media, websites, blogs, and print materials
- Experience in SEO and knowledge of search engine marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication, research and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office and Hootsuite or similar platform
- Organized, detail-oriented, and capable of managing multiple projects/responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player, working not only with others in the Marketing & Communications department, but with colleagues throughout the Foundation to accomplish shared goals
- Graphic design experience a plus, but not essential
- Video content creation/editing a plus, but not essential
Interested candidates, please send your resume, along with cover letter, salary requirements, and two writing samples, to Kris Schoefer at firstname.lastname@example.org.