Sales Representative ELT
- Full Time
Education changes lives forever. It broadens horizons, breaks down barriers, and fires imaginations. Like the University of Oxford of which we are a part, we are committed to uncompromising standards, freedom of expression, and the enrichment of lives through education. This is our motivation, our purpose, and our mission. It is why 100% of the money we make is reinvested into education and research. It is why all 6,000 of us in 52 countries care deeply about reaching more people, in more places, with world-class learning and research materials and services.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ELT Inside Sales Representative to join OUP. The successful candidate will sell and market the prestigious OUP ELT list in the US. You will be part of a team involved in a variety of sales and promotional sales and marketing activities.
This entry-level role would be ideal for either a graduate or equivalent with a can-do attitude and some ELT or marketing experience, ideally in a sales or telesales role.
- Drive adoptions and direct sales of an exciting range of print and digital products
- Participate in the creation and the implementation of an effective sales strategy for the territory
- Support field-based sales colleagues in growing sales within their territories
- Coordinate and implement telesales activity to customers
- Act as the main point of contact for customers
- Research accounts and develop customer relations and sales plan for your territory; obtain market and competitor knowledge.
- Maintain records in Salesforce to be used as a sales planning tool.
- Undertake representational calling on ELT institutions, educational institutions, web-product presentations, customer base development, product after-sales feedback, record-keeping of calling activity and monthly sales reporting.
- Achieve established objectives for the assigned territory.
- Meet/exceed sales goal expressed as % growth, and/or sales target.
- Employ effective consultative selling techniques, including pre-call planning, effective opening, presentation focus and productive questions, issue identification and effective close.
- Prior sales experience is essential in this role
- You will be comfortable in a telesales environment and adopt a consultative approach towards sales
- Experience teaching English as a foreign language would be desirable although not essential
- You will have a good understanding of the education and publishing sectors
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Great communication and sales skills, written and in-person
- Ability to establish credibility quickly with colleagues and customers at all levels
- Like to work in a team environment and highly organized
- Thrive in an organization undergoing rapid change
- Flexible and adaptable in terms of the scope of the role
- A 4-year college degree demonstrating academic excellence.
If you would like to help the world learn English , we want to meet you! This position will be based in our Cary, NC office. To perform well in this role, you will be a passionate advocate for the role; this is a position where you can really make a difference. We are a global not-for-profit organization, committed to the advancement of knowledge worldwide through our exciting publishing program. You will be joining a diverse and collaborative workforce and you will be supported in your career ambitions to achieve your potential.
We are committed to supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring an inclusive environment where all individuals can thrive. We seek to employ a workforce representative of the markets that we serve and encourage applications from all.
Recruitment Agencies – At this time we do not require any extra support. Please do not send unsolicited resumes to human resources.