Public Relations Account Director
- Full Time
Nicholas & Lence Communications (NLC) is growing! Our fast-paced, boutique communications and public relations firm is based in Midtown Manhattan, with a diverse range of NYC based clients that include major hospitality and tourism brands, restaurants, not-for-profits, transportation, business improvement districts, entertainment and Broadway, and more. Listed as one of the “50 Most Powerful Public Relations Firms in America” by the New York Observer, we are looking for a full-time, creative and experienced Account Director with a minimum of five years of NYC PR agency experience who is a team player and works collaboratively on projects. The ideal candidate will be able to garner A-list broadcast, print, online and digital press coverage for our diverse roster of clients, along with experience in outreach with social media influencers; will display excellent client management and communication skills; spearhead social media initiatives for the agency and clients; and more. Excellent writing skills, personal media and client contacts and social media campaign knowledge are required. Applicant must reside in greater NYC/NJ area and have PR agency experience.
- Act as day-to-day contact on accounts and effectively manage a variety of clients simultaneously, including conducting regular PR calls/meetings, creating agendas, writing press materials and pitches, producing PR reports, building media lists, creating new pitches and story lines, among others.
- Garner press coverage for clients and spearhead media relations including major press events/conferences, announcements, story pitching and more.
- Brainstorm creative story angles on behalf of NLC’s clients.
- Foster and create new relationships with members of the media.
- Draft new business proposals, create presentation decks, write speeches and op-eds/letters to the editor.
- Strategize on social media outreach for clients and the agency.
- Minimum of 5 years of full-time strategic media relations experience. NYC PR agency experience is required.
- Portfolio of A-list press coverage in broadcast, print and online and solid media contact database.
- Demonstrated understanding of the NYC media landscape and NYC government and is on the pulse of NYC news stories, including City & State news.
- Excellent phone and writing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Social media campaign experience.