Volunteer Internship, Education, Marketing
CFR’s volunteer internships give selected volunteer interns the opportunity to receive training in the area of foreign policy; as well as skills training in areas such as writing, research, and program planning.
The volunteer intern will have the opportunity to assist in efforts related to marketing, research, and analytic reporting for the Education department. By actively participating in this project, this volunteer intern will gain a deeper understanding managing social media accounts across multiple platforms, developing assests for marketing purposes, and performing analytics reporting to determine ROI (return on investment) of multiple campaigns. The intern will also participate in learning how to creatively educate a diverse audience on these particular topics.
CFR volunteer internships are unpaid, require a 16- 21 hour commitment, and are filled on a rolling basis.
The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the Education department initiative social media accounts and brand messaging through a variety of platforms
- Researching various channels and accounts with relevant and potential audiences for advertising
- Compiling a database of educational influencers across higher education, high school, and general public audiences
- Assisting with content development for the website and other promotional or advertising materials
- Assisting with the day to day operations of marketing, including social media and analytic reporting
- Undergraduate student focusing on marketing, business, political science, or communications
- Relevant office experience, with interest in advertising and market analysis
- Previous web or multimedia, analytics experience a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office and various social media platforms
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website, CFR.org.
The Council on Foreign Relations is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Quality, diversity, and balance are the key objectives sought by the Council on Foreign Relations in the composition of its workforce.