Business Performance Analyst
- Full Time
About Cox Automotive CanadaCox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells, and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. In Canada, the Cox Automotive family includes Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, HomeNet®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, Ready Logistics®, RMS Automotive®, vAuto®, VinSolutions® and Xtime®, along with a host of other brands in other countries. The global company has 34,000 team members in more than 220 locations and is a partner to more than 50,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of 120-year-old Cox Enterprises, Inc., which has revenues exceeding $20 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises’ other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive Canada, visit coxautoinc.ca.
The Business Performance Analyst (BPA) is responsible for championing the interests and objectives of business owners within Cox Automotive Canada (CAC), anticipating future business needs and identifying opportunities for complex analysis. BPA will also monitor, report, and recommend on specific business unit performance on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Sales performance KPIs to be monitored and reported on a timely basis.This individual will be able to explore and understand data and collaborate to build advanced data-driven solutions and models, then present and discuss the resulting models to any level of audience. The BPA will develop a deep understanding of multiple Cox Automotive data sources – such as Media, Retail, Inventory, Financial, International, Vehicle, Consumer, Client and/or Marketing – and determine how best to link disparate data sets and extract value from them. They will also design and drive the creation of new standards and best practices in the use of statistical data modeling, visualization and optimization tools for Cox Automotive Canada. This team member can actively participate in multiple cross-functional projects.Candidates must have a good understanding of client success, project management concepts and techniques and should have the skills to execute the activities necessary to reach project objectives. Excellent analytical skills, automotive acumen, and the ability to work and contribute in a team environment are essential, as are outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Collect, organize, analyze and report on external data that impacts the business/product(s)
- Analyze customer and economic trends that impact business performance and recommend ways to improve outcomes
- Create and communicate performance tracking reports for business and individual field teams and assist with setting annual performance targets
- Compute and report performance KPIs pertaining to field compensation
- Analyze and validate integrity of data sets & report anomalies
- Collaborate with sales partner to generate ideas and solutions addressing client needs.
- Provide recommendations in producing client-focused presentations and site reviews for delivery in person or remotely in effort to win or retain clients.
- Keep current on trends, market conditions, product development, and other information related business functions
- Collaborate with client and Enterprise Data Products team to set analytic objectives, approaches and work schedule
- Able to effectively multitask and work within tight deadlines
- Conduct analysis that identifies current state business process and recommend improvements
- Create and leveraging best practices and professional experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business
- 2+ years preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications is required. Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools/technologies like Tableau, Sisense, Power BI, SAS, and SQL is preferred
- Possess project management skills to track project work
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze problems, manipulate, analyze, and interpret large quantities of data
- Ability to organize findings and translate into actionable insights using original or innovative techniques or style
- Prior automotive experience preferred
- Amazing benefits: 5 weeks paid vacation per year; Generous Insurance plan (medical, dental, life, disability); RRSP contribution plan; Venngo Discount programs; and much more!
- At Cox Automotive Canada, our employees are our greatest resource!
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.